Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of going up for the race at Bootleg Cyn. on the 18-19th. Has anyone on this board ever been there? How does it compare to Southridge? I'd like to take my wife kids and make a camping trip out of it, are there any nice campgrounds close by? Any other SoCal peeps thinking of going?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
I'll be racing! But I'm local, so it's not too far of a drive... Compared to Fontana, Bootleg has a bit more exposure, it does have more jagged rocks, more drops. I definitely agree with wearing armor. I'm not sure about where to camp over there though.
 

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
chuckie108 said:
I'm thinking of going up for the race at Bootleg Cyn. on the 18-19th. Has anyone on this board ever been there? How does it compare to Southridge? I'd like to take my wife kids and make a camping trip out of it, are there any nice campgrounds close by? Any other SoCal peeps thinking of going?
You used to be able to camp in the canyon but some dipsh1ts had to go make asses out of themselves and now it's off limits.

There are some really nice places to camp on lake mead about 8 minutes away.

Here's a vid I made to give you an idea of the terrain. I don't feel like searching for the thread I already put up.:D

right click, save it

It's rocky up top, flatish/open at the bottom with excellent traction on the rocks and gravely everywhere else. Never been to southridge so I can't compare.
 

·
Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
43,010 Posts
kidwoo said:
You used to be able to camp in the canyon but some dipsh1ts had to go make asses out of themselves and now it's off limits.

There are some really nice places to camp on lake mead about 8 minutes away.

Here's a vid I made to give you an idea of the terrain. I don't feel like searching for the thread I already put up.:D

right click, save it

It's rocky up top, flatish/open at the bottom with excellent traction on the rocks and gravely everywhere else. Never been to southridge so I can't compare.
Kidwoo.com.......omg ...nice vid...what video camera you use and lense.....that lense was powerful to pull in Vegas
 

·
Now with flavor!!
Joined
·
5,613 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Kidwoo.com.......omg
I needed to start documenting my inherent awesome.

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
...nice vid...what video camera you use and lense.....that lense was powerful to pull in Vegas
Canon GL2 with an aftermarket lens. It's not the lens though, it's the zoom of the camera.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top