Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
Joined
·
4,350 Posts

·
Fly High!
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
how long is that? whats the aprox time that one would do on this ? just trying to get an idea.......are most super d like 10 minutes runs? or something like that
 

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
SenorSlacker said:
What about a DH helmet? Is the course very technical? Thanks!
I would still wear a full face. There are some bermed corners that could easily land you on a face plant. Haven't raced the course so not sure how long "race" time it would take.
 

·
******ed or Branded??
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
RidingRiot said:
how long is that? whats the aprox time that one would do on this ? just trying to get an idea.......are most super d like 10 minutes runs? or something like that
See if you just headed up there with this past weekend you would know!!! :rolleyes:
Hope this is a lesson learned for ya!
 

·
Fly High!
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
doodooboi said:
See if you just headed up there with this past weekend you would know!!! :rolleyes:
Hope this is a lesson learned for ya!
YES very big lesson learned! I still cant believe you pulled it off! you SOLDIER! so how was it ? wheres the pics of you hitting the gap? did you say hi to ginger?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
The race is almost the same as last year. They took away the climbing at the end, now the ending is at the bathrooms. So last year times were 13 to 16 min, so riding riot has a good estimate on the time. As for armor just kyle knee pads and a regular helmet. Its up to you on what you want to wear, there is some rocks on this course that can hurt ya. This course is nothing like the stuff up top.
 

·
Fly High!
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
helimech said:
The race is almost the same as last year. They took away the climbing at the end, now the ending is at the bathrooms. So last year times were 13 to 16 min, so riding riot has a good estimate on the time. As for armor just kyle knee pads and a regular helmet. Its up to you on what you want to wear, there is some rocks on this course that can hurt ya. This course is nothing like the stuff up top.
Thanks helimech! maybe we will get to ride again soon. or catch up in the BC. Cant wait for next season as I now have my first season behind me and so much progression there has been! still wanting to get out to the mingus too! :thumbsup:
 

·
******ed or Branded??
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
RidingRiot said:
YES very big lesson learned! I still cant believe you pulled it off! you SOLDIER! so how was it ? wheres the pics of you hitting the gap? did you say hi to ginger?
Yeah it was a tough trip but I was able to pull it off! I was pretty stoked that my truck handled it. Oh yeah did I ever did say hi to ginger. Well the lower half But that was enough to scare the crap out of me. But I eventually got the hang of her. Can't wait till I go back and hit that again.
 

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
Joined
·
4,350 Posts
doodooboi said:
Yeah it was a tough trip but I was able to pull it off! I was pretty stoked that my truck handled it. Oh yeah did I ever did say hi to ginger. Well the lower half But that was enough to scare the crap out of me. But I eventually got the hang of her. Can't wait till I go back and hit that again.
Hey! I still have your blankie! Looks like we are shuttling south on Sunday or I can drop it off this week. I got all the holiday partying out of my system.
 

·
******ed or Branded??
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
azdog said:
Hey! I still have your blankie! Looks like we are shuttling south on Sunday or I can drop it off this week. I got all the holiday partying out of my system.
sunday looks pretty good for me too. Well how about shuttling Sat afternoon? anyone, anyone, Bueler?
 

·
Fly High!
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
doodooboi said:
Oh yeah did I ever did say hi to ginger. Well the lower half But that was enough to scare the crap out of me. But I eventually got the hang of her. Can't wait till I go back and hit that again.
NICE way to rub it in my face more ! jk thats got to be one of my biggest self let downs! but I did step it up at the NRA over the weekend! so you and ginger huh, sounds like your ready for the baby Niagara!!! :D
 

·
Just Joshin' ya!
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
It looks like the course starts at skyline and then heads down to girlscout. IF that is so, I remember skyline being somewhat technical, off camber, and exposed in some parts. Girls Scout is not technical at all. Girl scout will demand some pedaling so if you are racing armor may not be a great idea.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,299 Posts
it is an awesome course. i did it last year on my 5 inch bike and had fun. this year i plan to do it on my 6 inch and kill it. im prob gonna sport some armor, but i plan to try and pin it as hard as i can. last year i held back a bit. im still debating the helmet issue. as some know i tend to land on my face. :D im friggin stoked for this one though. tech wise kinda like national flattened out. top is kinda loose, middle is flattish with berms and exposure, bottom is pedally and thats about it. if they cut off the last bit, it will prob be around 10 min.

p.s. doodooboi glad you were finally able to pop your bikes cherry on some real trails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,814 Posts
RidingRiot said:
Thanks helimech! maybe we will get to ride again soon. or catch up in the BC. Cant wait for next season as I now have my first season behind me and so much progression there has been! still wanting to get out to the mingus too! :thumbsup:
Ya Riot as soon as the snow melts (the trails is in the shade) i'll show ya mingus. Planning on some BC action on the 17th or 18th or 24/25 for some pre race fun. Come on up. later.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top