Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to upgrade me 2013 FOX 32 Float 29 CTD to a new Fox 34 Factory 120 29. Is says Boost. Will this be a problem if my back is not Boost? And what exactly does boost mean ? I have a Trance X1 29er

· Registered
361 Posts
Just get an adapter if you want to reuse your non-boost front wheel on a boost fork. No re-dishing necessary. Plenty of kits available but I would recommend one from MRP, very high quality.

· Elitest thrill junkie
41,092 Posts
Spacers work fine, dirt cheap on eBay. Been using them for years.

Reactions: acer66

· Registered
121 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade me 2013 FOX 32 Float 29 CTD to a new Fox 34 Factory 120 29. Is says Boost. Will this be a problem if my back is not Boost? And what exactly does boost mean ? I have a Trance X1 29er
Just did this on my 2015 Santa Cruz 5010 and it rides fine. Original fork blew up so I went to a RockShox Pike that I had wanted for a long time anyway. Had to get a new wheel since the spacers weren't working out but even with spending more than I had planned, I gained a little more length to the bike and made some upgrades I'd been wanting to do all at once.

· Registered
1,704 Posts
Not true.

Boost has nothing to do with travel. Should be able to find the appropriate travel fork from 100mm up to 180mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure he's talking about axle to crown length, which will be longer on boost forks to longer stanchions accommodate the larger tires often fitted to boost bikes. Either that or the fork bridge is just higher. I'm not sure which.

· Registered
1,340 Posts
Pretty sure he's talking about axle to crown length, which will be longer on boost forks to longer stanchions accommodate the larger tires often fitted to boost bikes. Either that or the fork bridge is just higher. I'm not sure which.
Ahh…good point. Trying to find a to c values seems to be impossible. Need to pull the drawings directly from Fox.

However, the longer A to C should slacken the head tube which is the latest trend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.