Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
seems like it might be a slight advantage having most of the weight near the bottom bracket, having less unsprung weight attached to the rockers. On the other hand, you'd probably want the oil closer to the piston to lubricate the seals as with inverted forks.

anybody think it just looks too funky?

·
Registered
558 Posts
dulyebr said:
seems like it might be a slight advantage having most of the weight near the bottom bracket, having less unsprung weight attached to the rockers. On the other hand, you'd probably want the oil closer to the piston to lubricate the seals as with inverted forks.

anybody think it just looks too funky?
There is no real advatage to having it either way. The oil fills the whole shock and is always in contact with the piston and seals because the oil is under pressure from the boost valve.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
off topic. ..

Nice ride dulyebr. Like that color too. Kinda looks upside down.. having that exttra pound lower on the bike makes sense.

How's your Knolly compared to your ML, or EG if you've had the chance?

I'm trying to decide between the Endo and EG right now w/ either a 36 vanilla or coil lyric. I currently ride a ML. How did you come to your decisions?

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks OG.

i actually did a back-to-back comparison if you care to do a seach. think it was titled what to do when your fun bike is faster than your race bike. you see after I got the Endorphin I thought I'd only ride the ML as back up. The Endorphin is a more capable steed; there's no question. What I found was that because it's such a steamroller, it can make some of the more xc less fun. So now I have my Titus set up at 27.4lbs and my Knolly at 32.5 -- different bikes for different dirt.

I haven't had any time on a Guap, but it looks like a great option.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
merry new year!

Nice read. I can relate to increasing the weight/beatdownability of the ML.

My ML is 33# right now and it can take a little more of a beating at this weight. it's an awesome bike, and at 33# I can still climb just as well.

Think I'm headed down the same path as your setup. I need to research the fit if the Endo, my knees to be in the right position over the pedals for climbing. And i need to research the new FIT cart.

ever ding your legs on the linkage or is it a non issue?

money writeup, thanks for the direction.

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DeerhillOG said:
Nice read. I can relate to increasing the weight/beatdownability of the ML.

My ML is 33# right now and it can take a little more of a beating at this weight. it's an awesome bike, and at 33# I can still climb just as well.

Think I'm headed down the same path as your setup. I need to research the fit if the Endo, my knees to be in the right position over the pedals for climbing. And i need to research the new FIT cart.

ever ding your legs on the linkage or is it a non issue?

money writeup, thanks for the direction.
thanks. it was fun doing it.

never hit the linkage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.