Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got my rings. I'm going to a 2x9 setup, with a 29t and a 42t on a race face next crank. The other ring is my wedding ring. I wanted the wedding ring to be heavier (contrary to almost everything else I buy), so I chose to go with Tungsten instead of ti. I also had a mokume inlay added. Very nice.

The chainrings came in at the expected weight - 25g for the 29t, and 65g for the 42t.

Brett and Bruce do excellent work. I highly recommend Bruce if you are looking for jewelery at a fair price.

Attachments

·
Custom User Title
7,430 Posts
Overkill said:
I wanted the wedding ring to be heavier (contrary to almost everything else I buy), so I chose to go with Tungsten instead of ti.
I have a Ti wedding ring with inlay, and I can not wear it long - it feels like a hot patch on my finger. Not enough of a heat sink. Or maybe that is an excuse. :D

Congratulations, man!

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Those are beautiful! Even the wedding band looks like a work of art. How long ago did you order your rings? I am almost at the 7 week mark, hoping to get them pretty soon.

I could use a new wedding band as well. I bought a cheap gold band when I first got married, wanted something cheap since I knew it would get damaged since I worked in a warehouse. Now that am a desk jockey I would like to have something a bit nicer. I was planning on that cheap band just being temporary, it's been over five years now and I'm still wearing it. I have had it off for about five minutes though. :)

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
Looks like I spoke to soon. I just checked my work e-mail and there was an e-mail from Brett. Looks like my chainrings will be shipping out on Monday!!!!

Woohoo!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered everything at the beginning of November. It was expedited due to the wedding ring purchase - I hope I didn't leap over too many orders. I kinda felt bad when I read you've been waiting 7 weeks, but I'm sure it's the off season for you now anyway. It is for me, as it's snowing right now.

Now I've got 2 chainrings to install, a set marta SL's, an action ti BB, and pair of pork rinds. Now all that's left is the R7 platinum and I'll have the tracer down to a decent weight.

I just signed up to do the transrockies in Aug 06 - I hope the 2x9 gearing will be ok.

LowCel said:
Those are beautiful! Even the wedding band looks like a work of art. How long ago did you order your rings? I am almost at the 7 week mark, hoping to get them pretty soon.

I could use a new wedding band as well. I bought a cheap gold band when I first got married, wanted something cheap since I knew it would get damaged since I worked in a warehouse. Now that am a desk jockey I would like to have something a bit nicer. I was planning on that cheap band just being temporary, it's been over five years now and I'm still wearing it. I have had it off for about five minutes though. :)

·
Alright, let's ride!
1,472 Posts
It's the off season for me as well. Most of my riding is being done on either the trainer or the rollers. I am able to get out and actually ride about once a week right now.

Congrats on all the new parts. It looks like you have a nice list of goodies to install.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Finally!

Let us know how you find the rings.

I love the polished look on the outer ring and pretty tempted to order a 42T one at some stage.

I've also got a Ti weeding band, although not from Boone, mine has a platinum inlay to a bit of weight to it. It's nice one and I don't find any problems with heat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.