Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Some guy is selling his Boone Ring on Ebay, and I thinking about bidding on it.

I always wanted a Boone Ring and I've been waiting for one for the past year.
My order never got filled.

Should I buy the Boone Ring on ebay?
Does anyone know how well these things hold up?
The last one went for $200 which is really high, is it really worth that much Money?

I really love the look of the Boone Ring but I am concerned about it's longevity.
Does any one have any experience with Boone Rings that they can share?

This particular Boone Ring is for the white industries Eno crankset which is really cool because I have already have this crankset.

? Any Ideas ?

Thanks! :)

·
EEP-OPP-ORK-AH-AH
520 Posts
yep - I saw that Boone on eBay. it looks like it's in decent shape, but speaking for me personally, i would never pay more than $40 for any used ring - even a sweet Boone Ti ring. you just can't know how hard it was run ... of course since you already have the ENO cranks, it seems like a nice match

tough call - did you ask the seller if he can guesstimate the mileage on them?

·
Registered
246 Posts
feetsnofail said:
yep - I saw that Boone on eBay. it looks like it's in decent shape, but speaking for me personally, i would never pay more than $40 for any used ring - even a sweet Boone Ti ring. you just can't know how hard it was run ... of course since you already have the ENO cranks, it seems like a nice match

tough call - did you ask the seller if he can guesstimate the mileage on them?
Only ridden on Sundays, by his Grammy, on smooth hiking paths :D

Mud

·
Registered
49 Posts
Boone Cogs????

Contact me and I'll have new....NEW Boone cog available soon. I'm handling some of the order for Boone Cogs. I've been by the shop and Brett is building them again, and I've made arrangements to take orders. Contact me and I'll fill you in on the details. I'm also working on a web-site that should be up and running soon. ( And I'm not selling used cog for $200)
[email protected]

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
67 Posts
porkhor said:
Hello Everyone,

Some guy is selling his Boone Ring on Ebay, and I thinking about bidding on it.

I always wanted a Boone Ring and I've been waiting for one for the past year.
My order never got filled.

Should I buy the Boone Ring on ebay?
Does anyone know how well these things hold up?
The last one went for $200 which is really high, is it really worth that much Money?

I really love the look of the Boone Ring but I am concerned about it's longevity.
Does any one have any experience with Boone Rings that they can share?

This particular Boone Ring is for the white industries Eno crankset which is really cool because I have already have this crankset.

? Any Ideas ?

Thanks! :)
No way!:nono: In my very opinionated opinion, no ring is with that kind of money. I've seen items on Ebay go for more than you can buy them for new. Go figure.

·
Welcome to the Gem...
813 Posts
mike... you're screaming

scam... scam... scam...!!!

who the hell is going to trust that you will take their money and get them boone cogs. if you were a reputable member of the boards or something... ok... but 5 posts? email me and i'll take care of you? come on man... really?

skeedaddle home, now.

as for the boone cogs... i'd buy one for the aforementioned $40 price tag used. that's about it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ok....So I don't get on the

Blog and spent all day on it....I own the Wake-N-Bake Race team out of Athens, GA. I live 20 minutes from Brett's shop and I've been a member for about 4 or 5year, sorry I don't post all the time. Brett is make the cogs to fill the back order and I've been given the green light to start selling them in about 2 weeks. E-mail me direct and I'll give you my phone number.
Why would I scam anybody?
I have a reputation to all my sponsors.
Mike

·
mudnthebloodnthebeer
585 Posts
I've got a couple of rings and cogs nearing the end of their useful lives. They've performed as advertised, but I'll definitely need to see some evidence that Boone have gotten their business act together before I'll own another one.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wasting time......

Brett has a real job contracting work with SKF bearing company. He stopped building the cogs because he had pay for all the new machines for the bearing company. I can't speak for Brett on the communication between him and his customers. Brett is building the cogs and filling back orders first. Then he is going to 32 and 34 104 chain rings next.
I'll keep everyone informed...Including Mallanaga. After he buys his used cog, and he need a new one, I sell it to him for $5 dollars over retail just because, but just him.

·
Brown Technologies
24 Posts
Backorders are Shipping

A long time in the coming, but a year and a new CNC machine later, we are cutting ti and starting to fill back orders.

We just about have all of the cogs cut for the backorders and shipped some today.

Brett

·
meh... whatever
5,306 Posts
mike5468 said:
I sell it to him for $5 dollars over retail just because, but just him.
$5 over retail? better jump on that one quick mallanaga :skep:

mike5468 said:
I've been a member for about 4 or 5year
your join date says feb 2007. not using fuzzy math i come up with a little over 1 year. :thumbsup:

·
meh... whatever
5,306 Posts
brett said:
A long time in the coming, but a year and a new CNC machine later, we are cutting ti and starting to fill back orders.

We just about have all of the cogs cut for the backorders and shipped some today.

Brett
what does one of those suckers run?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well Mike ....there is a huge difference between the cogs and the rings ......I seriously doubt that Brett will be making BOONE rings anytime soon. He has so many backorders it's not very likely at all. I myself have contacted the shop and was told that it's not going to happen and that I can expect a refund...................so yeah.

Porkhor, I would totally bid on that ring, BUT don't expect to win it ..... ;)

·
meh... whatever
5,306 Posts
sergiuleu said:
Well Mike ....there is a huge difference between the cogs and the rings ......I seriously doubt that Brett will be making BOONE rings anytime soon. He has so many backorders it's not very likely at all. I myself have contacted the shop and was told that it's not going to happen and that I can expect a refund...................so yeah.

Porkhor, I would totally bid on that ring, BUT don't expect to win it ..... ;)
the prices i just listed were gotten TODAY from brett, so yes, he is resuming making both rings and cogs.

he also said that he will have all back orders filled within the next couple of weeks and will then start on new stock/orders.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.