Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh man...it's really true.

I was dropping off the wheels for my frankenstein fixie build at my lbs today and noticed a shiny sparkle in the corner of my eye.

What?

Could it be?

A whole pile of Boone loveliness?

And a BOONE TI WHITE INDUSTRIES COG??!?!?!?!?!?! SWEET!

Two of 'em boys. I even weighed 'em. They weigh 79 grams, 10 more than their alu counterpart. Should last a few seasons at least though instead of a few months like the alu.

Oh yes, there was a bunch of other ti gibblets. 104 rings, for ss or geared, cogs, you know, the regular stuff.

I held off on the WI for Madre. For now!

I'm sure this stuff can be had elsewhere in the world, but for you socalers or whatever...check them out.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Padre said:
Oh man...it's really true.

I was dropping off the wheels for my frankenstein fixie build at my lbs today and noticed a shiny sparkle in the corner of my eye.

What?

Could it be?

A whole pile of Boone loveliness?

And a BOONE TI WHITE INDUSTRIES COG??!?!?!?!?!?! SWEET!

Two of 'em boys. I even weighed 'em. They weigh 79 grams, 10 more than their alu counterpart. Should last a few seasons at least though instead of a few months like the alu.

Oh yes, there was a bunch of other ti gibblets. 104 rings, for ss or geared, cogs, you know, the regular stuff.

I held off on the WI for Madre. For now!

I'm sure this stuff can be had elsewhere in the world, but for you socalers or whatever...check them out.
OH MY HELL!!! THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST KICK ASS INVENTORIES OF PARTS I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS

I love the casualness of having a bunch of $300+ hubs just laying around in a cabinet. I had wood. I looked for the cogs you spoke of but couldn't find em if they were there.

you are a lucky man to have that type of shop so close to you.

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
Whaa?

OrBikbldr said:
OH MY HELL!!! THAT IS ONE OF THE MOST KICK ASS INVENTORIES OF PARTS I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS

I love the casualness of having a bunch of $300+ hubs just laying around in a cabinet. I had wood. I looked for the cogs you spoke of but couldn't find em if they were there.

you are a lucky man to have that type of shop so close to you.
When were you here? We shoulda hooked up for a ride....you could've ridden "your" bike!

Yeah, the Path is unbelievable.

B

·
Registered
386 Posts
donkey said:
When were you here? We shoulda hooked up for a ride....you could've ridden "your" bike!

Yeah, the Path is unbelievable.

B
If you are talking to me, I just looked on the web, never been to the shop. I don't think I could contain myself if I were.

By the way, somewhere I have those Curtlo stickers, I looked for them the other day and couldn't find them. I need to call Doug and get more.

(Man, it occurs to me that if I am talking to the wrong guy, I am going to feel stupid)

·
giddy up!
3,249 Posts
OrBikbldr said:
If you are talking to me, I just looked on the web, never been to the shop. I don't think I could contain myself if I were.

By the way, somewhere I have those Curtlo stickers, I looked for them the other day and couldn't find them. I need to call Doug and get more.

(Man, it occurs to me that if I am talking to the wrong guy, I am going to feel stupid)
Aha...that makes more sense. Their shop is 1000000X more impressive than the website.

Yep, I'm the guy with your blue Curtlo(soon to be metallic grey.....great bike, thanks again.

B

·
Registered
386 Posts
donkey said:
Aha...that makes more sense. Their shop is 1000000X more impressive than the website.

Yep, I'm the guy with your blue Curtlo(soon to be metallic grey.....great bike, thanks again.

B
I am sad I sold it. It was my first 29er. So it was green, then blue, and soon metalic grey? Too funny. You ever use the bottle opener? Loved that frame....

Doug will soon start to refurbishing an old Curtlo for me, only a 26er, but it will be fun. I picked it up for a price too cheap to pass up.

ANyway, if you ever want to sell it, look me up. Seriously.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the Boone/WI combo

I have a White Industries Crankset that has been anodized black and is paired up with a Boone Ti chainring. Couple that with a Phil Wood bottom bracket and I guess it's pretty blingy. I just got a new camera, so no pics yet. Sorry. So far, I am very happy with the combo.

·
Recovering couch patato
14,019 Posts
That's just destroying money. That case loses value in the triple digits on a weekly basis. Although, with CK's pricing policy...
When I join the mob, that's how I'm going to launder my money. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.