Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Nicolai Helius FR frame that is....

It finally arrived... Having never seen this dizzy camo in the flesh, I was keen to see it. I have to say, it blew me away, it looks hot, dam hot, hot and wet, good if your with a woman, but not if your in the jungle, well you know what I mean

The workmanship is the usual top notch Nicolai quality... Welds are sweet, the plastic cable tie's are sweet...

Am a happy camper, role on the rest of the components, will be here next week...

Dark here, so photos are not the best... Shot them all on full manual Crisillo..;) Good learning...

:band: :band: :band: :band: :band: :band: :band:

Attachments

·
Hard funkin´ Kraut
897 Posts
Hey Whafe, let me be the first to congratulate here:D

Awesome, build up this baby and than again post pics, please!!!
Man, can´t wait to order mine yet, and yes, I´m just a bit jealous ... just a little bit ... ;)

Can´t get away my eyes off these pix, again and again studying this freaky dizzy camo ...

Greets from Cologne, Germany
NoStyle/Toddy

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks NS, all good, am excited, like Christmas is here.... Just waiting for components and she is good to go....

Karl, Falco and the team have done an awesome job..... Paint in the flesh has blown me away, I have the decals, am not sure if I will put them on or not.... Thoughts?

·
Calm like a bomb
3,539 Posts
HAWT!!

That is going to be one sick ride Whafe. Can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Cris, cheers Err and thank you as always for all the help. Lets hope we can get everythign here before the Christmas break, want to cane this puppy over Christmas down under......

·
Hard funkin´ Kraut
897 Posts
Oh my God, this frame looks so f.... burly, don´t know if it´s the Camo-Look or the 1,5 Headtube or whatsoever :eekster:

Which framesize did you choose?

Again, congratulations for this great frame! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NS, it is a size Large, I maybe could have gone an XL, but want to be able to throw her round a bit...

The decals are black, the complete rest of the build is black more or less, oh and some grey in the XTR cranks and the Fox fork

·
'All over it!'
1,106 Posts
Great frame Whafe, nice colour, would look lovely with the silver Nicolai decals. I am jealous, I am still waiting for my frame. It's only got to come to UK. I think it's the shock holding things up. Kind of wish I had gone for the 1.5 headtube, but glad I went for the XL. Forgive me for saying, but yours looks a little bit on the small side. Congrats bro, exceptional

·
Hard funkin´ Kraut
897 Posts
hmmm ... think I would stick on the Headtube Decal first, then build up the parts and than take a look and decide again!
Without the Downtube-Decals and a mostly black partspec it will for sure have a "stealthy and rawish" look. I personally like this a lot, because there are stickers and graphics on so much parts like wheelset, fork, seat, hubs etc. which I mostly remove if possible. Just a few on the frame and fork and all is good, but that´s personal preference!
The Camo is soo sweet to cover it, but again, you should decide this when the built is done :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My thoughts exactly NS, going to wait and see once she is built.

Lorni, no offense at all, I wouldnt read into the looks of size on the pictures. I just had it up next to my MotoLite, the headtube is a similar length, I like it them slightly small so to speak.... Am sure you will be cool with the 1 1-8 headtube, I alwaya prefer to extend my options, to be able to go either way headtube size fork suits me....

The shock could well be holding things up, as mine came with no shock, Toni will be shipping stuff today, so all good...

The rear chainstay is a whole lotta strength, looks mean.....

I may have to have it in my bed tonight !!!

·
I rode 'Whistler XC'
507 Posts
OH MAN....OH MAN....OH MAN!!!

OMG that colour looks FABULOUS!

You do realise this means you're off my Christmas list! ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I was a little dubious about the paint scheme on a chart, but on the actual bike, DAMN.
That looks eff'n hot!
I think the black decals will be a nice icing on the cake.
Congrats!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Dang, another blockbuster from Whafe!! :thumbsup:

That Urban Dizzy Camo is the duck's nuts... I had my reserves at how would it look, but I gotta accept that it looks so, so, so nice!

Stickers... Agreed with NS... But maybe you could be contacting JNCarpenter for a Custom job on stickers. ;) Some black reflective would look just so right on those.

Congrats, bro!!
From all of your bikes and from what we've talked, I feel this one has to be one of the most expected frames by you... Kinda your Holy Grial... the bike you'd use for everything and you'd be picking the most.

Nice, nice, nice, nice.... Wow... :thumbsup:

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
Whafe said:
My thoughts exactly NS, going to wait and see once she is built.

Lorni, no offense at all, I wouldnt read into the looks of size on the pictures. I just had it up next to my MotoLite, the headtube is a similar length, I like it them slightly small so to speak.... Am sure you will be cool with the 1 1-8 headtube, I alwaya prefer to extend my options, to be able to go either way headtube size fork suits me....

The shock could well be holding things up, as mine came with no shock, Toni will be shipping stuff today, so all good...

The rear chainstay is a whole lotta strength, looks mean.....

I may have to have it in my bed tonight !!!
Ahh...hopefully you're not worried about the shock not making it to you this time around. I remember the story about how the distributor screwed you for some big bucks with your first Nic, by holding onto your money for all those months while the frame was in De. Then the shock...oof.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Smokin lookin frame amigio.. what forks you going for up front?

Ohh is that a Anti chain suck plate (ACD) you have on there?

Id love to know the weight of that thing without its shock if u fancy sticking it on some scales :)

will allow me to be more accurate in my prospective build kits and its final weight.... only 6ish weeks till mine arrives hopefully lol

1 - 20 of 99 Posts