Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I love to read books about mountain biking, but not stories of road biking.

I am currently reading a book that has lots of stories on how bikign has changed different people's lives, and it is really good.

It is called "Bicycle Love" and I highly recommend it.

I was looking for other books you could recommend to me and others who love to read about mountain biking, thanks.

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Well, I'm partial to "Where the Pavement Ends" by Erika Warmbrunn. It tells the story of her 5,000 mile trek (literally, as it was on a Trek mtb) across Mongolia, China and Vietnam.

Basically, about a decade ago, this amateur rider bought a new bike, and decided to ride through a part of the world that was completely off the beaten path. She had encounters with thieves, drunken soldiers with machine guns at border crossings, camped out in tiger-infested jungles, dealt with nosy gov't officials, met a guy, taught English, slept in yurts......

Anyway. Not really singletrack, but nothing like your typical road ride, either! Just a terrific read.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.