Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got pulled over on my bike this morning for blowing a stop sign.

The trail I take when returning home spits me out at about 108th st and Cholla. I was running a little late and did not slow for the sign at all since the intersection is wide open and there was no traffic near (the cop was about a hundred yards down the road heading in the opposite direction). I made a left onto Cholla and the cop turned around and lit me up :eek:

He acted like he was actually going to write me a ticket but instead he ran my ID to make sure I was not some wanted criminal and let me off with a stern lecture about following the laws. :nono:

I know I was in the wrong legally but dang, must have been a slow day for the Scottsdale PD :p

·
parenting for gnarness
6,251 Posts
Phillbo said:
I really need to work on my story telling skillz .
yeah, like if you included a part about how you said "hey Pig, I almost get sideswiped, cut-off, pushed out of the bike lane by cars turning right on red, have things thrown at me yadda yadda yadda all day long!!!" And then, assuming your oratory was moving,if he embraced you like a brother and bought you a cold Gatorade...that would have been a good story!!!

but yeah i got barked at by The Man once too and just acted polite and said sorry there was no one around i thought it would be ok, thank you officer for finding it within your omnipotence to pardon me.

·
dirt visionary
6,522 Posts
I have been trying to get them to stop me on my nice bright bike but haven't had any luck yet . I always high tail it when I see one just to see if I can bait them. Most like a challenge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
didn't you hear scottsdale is crime free now? now all they have to allocate those resources to is busting scum bags like you who blow through stop signs at 20mph on wide open roads

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
my god, they stoped a bicycle , ------man oh man . i am a real idiot , i have no driver licens

nor do i carry any ID of any kind , --( of course i drive like a little old 55 year old man -------oh weight ----i am a little old 55 year old man :madman: :eekster: )

i would really get them going if i ever got stoped on my bicycle ,-------i have been off the grid for so long they generally give up and just tell me to go away .

the last time i got stoped on my bicycle was 1968 , ---tempe had just adopted a bunch of bicycle laws, -------you no the stuff ------you gotta have lights , gotta go with or against the flow ---i can't remember,------and signal ,----and you are supposed to have you bike registered or some other stuff.

and he stoped me for not having a light .
and then he goes on about how i did not have my bike regestered, and how i have to walk my bike now because i did not have a light.---( i did not tell him i just scored a bag of smoke and several racks of speed and was already stoned ( i can't believe he did not smell it on me :thumbsup: )

anyway , i was about at the river bottom and scottsdale road comming from my heads house , ----and i had to go back to Mclintock and Broadway ----.

he gave me two tickets on my fals info i gave him , and right after he was gone i road all the way home smoking a dubbie :D

of course i did not ever pay those tickets .------

but lord god i guess they are still pulling over bicycles ----.
thats just wrong :madman: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
honemastert said:
tell em you're from out of town visiting
and use this as your address: :)

1 Olympic Plaza
Colorado Springs, CO 80909
you know a guy must have several of these ready and well memorized,----

i actually have two i have used so often that they are really in the sysrtem , ---and i have gotten ID's with them !! :thumbsup:

you gotta have several back ups ------you just don't know when they will come in handy when getting away from the man :eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.