Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Singletrack minded
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a disturbing development after reading about the booby traps on the yarra trails on farkin.net. On the way home from the Cog social ride we were riding up a barely used dead end road when we came across a rope strung across the road at axle level. One end was tied to a fence, the other to a goats neck. Shocking thing to see. The fact the rope could be lying on the ground then suddenly pulled taut added to the randomness of the attack.
There was carnage everywhere anyway. Damo came a cropper early on falling sideways onto a log in a tricky bit. Bruised or broken ribs:eekster: There were a couple of OTBs and sideways falls but great fun. Got some more convenient ph. pics but the light was poor hence the quality. Downsizing helps a bit.

Attachments

·
Ride Good or Eat Wood
606 Posts
Eerie looking photos there Hud..... all that green amongst the burnt out trees!! Hopefully not too much bodily damage. Only two more weeks for me over here in Canada, then will be throwing myself down the singletracks back home in Smelbourne and surrounds!! :thumbsup: errrr and hope the goat wasn't still alive!! That could have gotten really ugly!

·
Registered
50 Posts
The goat was well out of the way on hunter road tonight. Pity I didn't remember that the Oxfam trial walk was on, kind of got tired of "saying passing on the right"! Most were plugged in with iPods and all dressed up in their fancy walking gear and poles, quite funny. All for a good cause!

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
:D LMAO :D Ha Goat, that's so small school, we get cows down here as well :skep: :D just ride by slowly or around said offending rope and don't spook the occupent ;)

·
nothing to see here
3,279 Posts
Got my neck back in order today after my OTB experience Hud.

Looks greener than what I remember (the bush, not my neck).

That goat's after blood, I reckon.

Good ride.

Messy. ;-)

eta...I don't remember seeing any boobies.

·
Primative Screwhead
321 Posts
haha

Hud said:
This is a disturbing development.
Sure is.

Here's a real example with pics of damage to the woman. She was leading a group of young mums on a ride to get them out of the house and then....bang.

http://pedalbite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14724
(right click icon - show picture)

Why are there so many a-holes in this world?

·
I like to ride my bicycle
284 Posts
I saw the goat on my way home too, after leaving early to get home to my wife :)

At that stage the goat was just on the side of the road, with a funny look in his eyes. I suspect he was waiting for the rest of the group to arrive, rather than give the game away for the sake of trapping one rider.

The Silvan trails are fantastic. It's my favourite place to ride at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts