Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people This is my first post here,though i've lurked around for a while. Anyhoo I have a killer little Bonty race which is now a SS. 34x15 seems to be a magic gear--almost. my chain seems to bind a little bit. it's not too difficult to put the back wheel on, in other words, i'm not really cranking on the chain to get the wheel in the dropouts. i read somewhere on here that 34x17 is the magic gear for bonties, but having tried this it looks like that would require a 1/2 link. TIA. loving the winter single speed thing.

·
Retro Grouch
2,091 Posts
Hey mudgeek..

mudgeek said:
Hey people This is my first post here,though i've lurked around for a while. Anyhoo I have a killer little Bonty race which is now a SS. 34x15 seems to be a magic gear--almost. my chain seems to bind a little bit. it's not too difficult to put the back wheel on, in other words, i'm not really cranking on the chain to get the wheel in the dropouts. i read somewhere on here that 34x17 is the magic gear for bonties, but having tried this it looks like that would require a 1/2 link. TIA. loving the winter single speed thing.
The magic gear for my Bonty was 32:18; the rear axle slide in "0" play or binding. With a 1/2 link you could use the magical 32:16.

1G1G, Brad

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.