Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used set of 2011 29" Bontrager wheels ( Bontrager Mustang Disc 29 ). They are tubeless compatable but I looked on the bontrager site and they only list Race TLR and Rhythm versions. Does anyone know which will work with this wheelset?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rxl

shiggy said:
Race, if the Mustang has a TLR label on it.
Ok I appreciate the information. It looks like I will need to order the RXL strips. I always thought the mustang rims were as wide as rhythms but they must be the same width as race rims.

·
At Work
1,843 Posts
Hey Shiggy, I just picked up the same wheels to convert my Rig S.S. to 1x9. What about using Stans Yellow tape like I have on my Arch's 26er instead of the Bonty Rim Strips.
I have the Bonty Rim Strips on my Dusters.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you have Bontrager rims use the Bonti rim strips; They are honestly the best tubeless set up there is. The Mustang Rim in the same extrusion on the Race, Race Lite and Race X Lite, which is 24mm wide. The Dusters, Rhythm Comp, Rhythm Elite and Rhythm Pros are a different extrusion but all the same, which are 28mm wide.

Also the Mustang, Race, RL and RXL have a asymmetric spoke bed, so the rim strip can only go in one way. The Dusters have a symmetric spoke bed. Both rims however have a offset spoke bed (spoke not centered in the rim)

You need the RXL rim strips. Bontrager part number : 400337

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.