Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
clueless
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... bontrager rollercam fork

... a realy bad and expensive joke.

that's all but no bontrager fork, nor rollercam compatible.

if you look closely the fork legs look "shorter as usual"
the fork legs are late tange's, sporting fender mounts and other brake studs, cut down to ca. 300mm (normal lenght is 380mm )

the brake studs are welded at the normal cantilever mounting point.

maybe a late prototype..

so it might work as a 24" bmx cruiser fork with diacompe bmx u-brakes for example..

ciao
flo

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
floibex said:

the fork legs are late tange's, sporting fender mounts and other brake studs, cut down to ca. 300mm (normal lenght is 380mm )

maybe a late prototype..

so it might work as a 24" bmx cruiser fork with diacompe bmx u-brakes for example..

ciao
flo
Are you sure about that? Because that's going to be one pissed off high bidder then those things land on the doorstep only to be worthless.

So you're saying Tange legs in the Bonty crown?

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
floibex said:

maybe a late prototype..

ciao
flo
Those are roller cam bosses. Not sure about the length though.

·
Registered
508 Posts
that's a good point,

hollister said:
legs look the same length as the one i have,if those are cut down legs w/regular posts where does the brake spring go?
those have to be rollercam bosses, because as you pointed out, there aren't any spring tension holes for cantis, which they would need and rollercams would not.

i'm not up to snuff on bontrager vintage, but i don't remember them having braze ons at the base of the dropouts as this one does, although i do remember Tange legs having these.

who knows, obviously not me, but it still is a rad looking fork, and it has to be for rollercams and nothing else, due to the deletion of spring tension holes.

all for now
nate

·
clueless
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... i have to apologize :eek: meanwhile after some hours i think the fork has the proper 26" length, nothing cut down. as you all said these are rollercam bosses.

i'm not sure about the forklegs, they seem to be tange switchblades.

but anyway ... idot i am. i should wear my glasses all the time...

ciao
flo

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
Flo... you are nifty... ;-)

Telling everyone its a 24" fork or so.. and than bid your self! ;-) You blew your own cover there mate :)

·
'Calm Down'
855 Posts
Not sure about the length, but those are Bontrager Race legs not Tange. My Bontrager Race fork has the same dropout details. (See Photos)

jw

floibex said:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.