Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on sending my Race to Argos to get a new paint job and gain disc tabs.

Many years ago i saw a white team issue Bonty being used in the UK, it was white and carried the silver on white decals i think. I liked the paint job then but it would be nice to have a look before getting it done.

I could instead of using stock race stickers get the decals custom made more like a road lite.

Any pictures, opinions?

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
mrmo said:
Planning on sending my Race to Argos to get a new paint job and gain disc tabs.

Many years ago i saw a white team issue Bonty being used in the UK, it was white and carried the silver on white decals i think. I liked the paint job then but it would be nice to have a look before getting it done.

I could instead of using stock race stickers get the decals custom made more like a road lite.

Any pictures, opinions?
I always kinda liked the neon gray Bontrager used to paint the team bikes back in the eighties.

·
Registered
5,987 Posts
WTB-rider said:
I always kinda liked the neon gray Bontrager used to paint the team bikes back in the eighties.
I'm with you. I really like the gray with wither yellow or blue edged decals, or the orange.

Here's a pic of one of my favorites. (this is not my bike, I stole the image off of one of the older threads).

Attachments

·
information leafblower
244 Posts
if white's your thing

...there was a very cool white one from the UK which had been updated with disk tabs posted on here not too long ago...definitely worth a search.

or check the "post your bontragers" thread for a great range of colours.

i ended up going with a basic black with silver decals with yellow rings, am stoked with the way it looks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
forgot all about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't figure out how i could forget what i own!!!!!!!!

this is what i ride my race...

the race is what i intend to respray and add disc brakes to.

this is what was in a bag under the stairs my spare privateer frame kit, the stickers, aren't stuck on just to give an idea if the colours work. even found a pair of Judys i forgot about.

Any opinions on this? i am thinking that the colour scheme has to be black and silver on the white frame, agree?

·
velocipede technician
8,877 Posts
C.L. said:
I'm a fan of the gray with blue/white panels and the orange. At first I wasn't so sure about the road lite decals on a mountain frame, but now I really like them.

Here are mine.
gotta love that ss:D got any more pics of it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.