Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to try running my favorite 29er tire on these, 2.1 irc notos. Is this a dumb idea? Should I just get the tubeless tire they are made for. Anyone elese Tried these rims yet? Note: I have never used tubeless, but have seen the 26inch bonty TLR tire bead & it is completely different from tubed tire beads..

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I believe the Bontrager Tubeless Ready bead is just a UST tubeless bead. Normal tires with tubes work fine on the rims. I haven't tried running normal tires with out tubes yet. The special bead just allows the tire to "lock" to the rim better for better sealing and less chance of burping the tire or having it come off the rim. Bottom line is that any UST tire should work fine tubeless, even without sealant, a Tubeless ready tire will work with sealant (the tires aren't air tight with out the sealant), and normall tires "might" work with sealant - but they won't be as secure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.