Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Bontrager Race Lite Tubeless wheels. I never run them tubeless because I prefer a tubed setup. My question is can the rimstrip that comes stock be taken off and replace with the cloth kind? The strips that come on them are a hard plastic that is suppose to help make the rim tubeless. But since I have no intention of running tubeless it seems unnecessary.

Has anyone weighed the stock Race Lite rimstrips versus other brands?

·
SUBLIM8er
2,209 Posts
Nylon reinforced packing tape makes a great rimstrip. Just peal it off the roll to the correct width and you have one of the lightest rimstrips possible and strong. I only use one layer. Just make sure you cover your spoke holes and your good to go but it seems a shame not to take advanatge of the tubeless option you have available to you. Your rolling resistence will go way down, you will have great flat protection and much lower pressures are possible making for much better traction and shock absorption.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.