Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through the board, I havent seen much discussion of these tires. Considering the low weight of using a clincher weight tire with UST type beads, this saves alot of weight versus standard UST and eliminates the hassle of a rim strip. I use sealant on UST tires. The tread looks like a nice mixed conditions tire with low rolling resistance

Any reviews on these yet?

thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
Bonty XR TR's

vtwin996 said:
Going through the board, I havent seen much discussion of these tires. Considering the low weight of using a clincher weight tire with UST type beads, this saves alot of weight versus standard UST and eliminates the hassle of a rim strip. I use sealant on UST tires. The tread looks like a nice mixed conditions tire with low rolling resistance

Any reviews on these yet?

thanks
I had these tires fitted on my 5' full sus XC bike. Front and rear specific, big volume casing, but width not as wide as stated on the tire. Used with Stan's on DT Swiss 4.1d rims.
They roll really fast, especially the front. Rubber used on the knobs is quite soft and gives decent traction.
Pretty useless in loose over hardpack or gravel.
Fair in packed sand but not loose sand.
Mud clearance ok.
Braking bite not ideal.
Great for buffed singletrack, XC racing.
NOT durable, my rear lasted 3 rides before I cut right through the tread and half a transition knob on the rear (admittedly at 30psi on a rocky downhill jeeptrack)
Will not use them again as I prefer more aggressive all-round trail tires.
Recommended for lightweight XC racers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.