Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always liked the revolts about 5 years back on my XC bike. Rode what was at the time the 2.1... more like a 2.0 at the biggest.

considering either the Jones XR TR's, or the Revolt TR's... in the 2.2 sizes (2.25/2.20 for the XR), 2.20 for the Revolts TR's from what I can see are the biggest sizes.

Looking at the treads, I'm failing to see how the XR is any more aggressive than the revolts. The treads are not really much bigger, less of it, and spaced out a bit more.

Size wise, the XR rear is pretty narrow. I've not seen the "2.2" revolts on a rim yet.

Questions for those who may have ridden both - any real advantage to the XR's? They do not look as though they are more aggressive or would provide more traction.

Wondering what others have found? Are they bigger than the revolt 2.2's? Does the compound help with the XR's?

Any other feedback appreciated.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
The XR (there are different front and rear treads) is more "aggressive" than the Revolt Super X. More open, bigger tread blocks, especially the cornering tread. The XR is going to tend to be better on softer, looser surfaces and the Super X faster, more stable on harder terrain. Comes down to local conditions and personal preference.

Specs for both on my site.

·
11 is one louder than 10
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cornering blocks

shiggy said:
The XR (there are different front and rear treads) is more "aggressive" than the Revolt Super X. More open, bigger tread blocks, especially the cornering tread. The XR is going to tend to be better on softer, looser surfaces and the Super X faster, more stable on harder terrain. Comes down to local conditions and personal preference.

Specs for both on my site.
Yup, I agree on definitely being more spaced out. I didn't feel the blocks were that much more aggressive though, particularly on the edges. That said, the 2.2 revolt was not mounted up, and the jones were. I thought both had shallow knobs, and that is where I was suprised a bit. But, the ACX is more aggressive for sure.

Ultimately, it looked to me like there is a bigger differece between say the Jones XR's and the ACX, than there is between the XR and the Revolt if that makes sense.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.