Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got one of these lying around and would be prepared to send to uk? Have got a Judy and am looking for a Bonty crown to fit.Think it had a steeper offset to make the bike handle a bit better with suspension. 1 inch diameter and threaded and approximately 160mm long. Thanx Max

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
depends...

do you UK guys get any "local" discounts from pace? :D

i've got an extra '96 judy XC (champagne) w/ the bonty crown that i'd be happy to trade for a 1" pace rigid fork.

;)

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
MAX LLOYD said:
Anybody got one of these lying around and would be prepared to send to uk? Have got a Judy and am looking for a Bonty crown to fit.Think it had a steeper offset to make the bike handle a bit better with suspension. 1 inch diameter and threaded and approximately 160mm long. Thanx Max
Look up A-1 bicycles in Mankato, MN. Google will turn up their info. They had them NOS a year ago for the origional price of $70.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
MAX LLOYD said:
Unfortunately our Pace prices are still quite pricey! Fork sounds good,any idea of price without the trade?
sorry max, i was being a bit off-the-cuff... :cool:

it is unlikely i'll part w/ this fork, and most definitely not before i can find (or more likely, have built) a decent rigid fork to replace it.

good luck!

·
Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
10,939 Posts
Judy's have 28.6mm diameter stanchions, switchblades were 1" diameter, so that'd be a no.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couldn't find info on A-1 bikes,then found article saying they have shut,a shame! Chances are those Bonty crowns have gone! I'll try the classifieds. Thanx Max

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
yeah i couldn't find those folks that ssue recommended either, though was surprised how many "A1" bike-related hits came back...

i'll keep my eyes open on this side of the pond for you.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
gotdirt said:
yeah i couldn't find those folks that ssue recommended either, though was surprised how many "A1" bike-related hits came back...

i'll keep my eyes open on this side of the pond for you.
bummer if they closed. I got hold of them at info at a1bike dot com

My last contact with them was in october of 2004. As the procrastinator that I am, I never bought one so if you do hear back from them, let me know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A-1 Bike Shop, Inc.
526 South Front St.
Mankato, MN 56001
(507) 625-BIKE
www.a1bike.com

I believe that's the place. I contacted them back in March 06 about Bonty crowns. Unfortunately they were all gone.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.