Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone own anything from them? I'm specifically looking at the Rhythm Comp short sleeve jersey and Rhythm shorts with liner. I haven't gone to my Trek store as it's in another city so I was just wondering about opinions before making the trip there.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have race and race lite shorts and they are the best shorts I have ever ridden. The pad is amazing and better that shorts that cost much more. Jerseys are also excellent although I cannot comment on the clothes you have listed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm. I know a lot of people use Fox clothing but I like the idea of just sticking with Bontrager stuff as much as possible. Right now I just bike in shorts and a t-shirt so I want to get something more along the lines of mountain biking gear while not spending a lot.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a pair of the shorts and love them. I got a pretty good deal on them from my lbs because I got them at the same time I bought my bike, but now that I have them, I would have definitely paid more. If you arent in a rush, keep your eyes on this site www.chainlove.com I've gotten some pretty sweet stuff off there, you just gotta keep checking what they have up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I'll definitely be getting proper gear prior to hitting a trail. Right now I'm just going down bike trails or the road to get in shape, but once I go on a proper trail I'll want the proper gear. I'll keep that site in mind. Thanks

·
Alaskan in exile.
439 Posts
no pockets could be good...

mightymouse said:
I thought about picking up a comp short sleeve jersey, but it doesn't have pockets on the back. This is a deal breaker for me.
That makes me more inclined to get the jersey. I am almost always riding wearing a hydration pack, so pockets on the back are superfluous. I would prefer no stitching, seams, or extraneous material between me and the pack.

·
MattSavage
2,481 Posts
I bought the TWR kit and RL shoes... The jersey and bibs are amazing! Great product. The RL shoes are good, the Esoles is a little gimicky and uncomfortable. The shoes are very large volume. Be prepared to shim them with a sockliner or something.

Whatever the garment you get, I think you'll be pleased with the quality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts