Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a used one of these from Ridemonkey's ads. I paid $140 and there's hardly even marks from a brake caliper being mounted on it. They seem to have good reviews on the Product Review section, as I think I missed the climax in Bombshell's fork producing time I dont really know a whole lot about them so if anybody would care to chime in with any sort of comments about it I'd appreciate it. I'll try to post some pics later tonight if my camera's working. Oh and its going onto my Soul Cycles Titan too:D. It seems to be pretty good construction with the uppers being carbon fiber and it all molded into the crown as well as it being nitro charged. Measured it and it has 35mm stanchions as well. Just trying to gather other people's opinions of these forks and any other information.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
COmtbiker12 said:
Just got a used one of these from Ridemonkey's ads. I paid $140 and there's hardly even marks from a brake caliper being mounted on it. They seem to have good reviews on the Product Review section, as I think I missed the climax in Bombshell's fork producing time I dont really know a whole lot about them so if anybody would care to chime in with any sort of comments about it I'd appreciate it. I'll try to post some pics later tonight if my camera's working. Oh and its going onto my Soul Cycles Titan too:D. It seems to be pretty good construction with the uppers being carbon fiber and it all molded into the crown as well as it being nitro charged. Measured it and it has 35mm stanchions as well. Just trying to gather other people's opinions of these forks and any other information.
ahhhh. i dunno about that fork dude. i would have held off and got a stance. bombshell feels a lot like hanebrink to me. and i guess its a little on teh flexy side. i dunno about the company though.

wait edit: at that price thats a sweet deal, should have read more than the title

·
Bob Saget Fan
122 Posts
I have one in my garage

COmtbiker12 said:
I have the same fork in my garage, it is very plush but the travel is too linear and it botoms on almost everything. The look is killer whit the 36mm stanchions and carbon wraped but be careful because the internals are full of plastic spacers that will break like the prelod adjustment. I bought a 2003 dj3 to replace it and im hapier whit the marzochi cuz its almost imposible to bottom out, the bombshell is a great trail fork though. I really slightly bent the steerer tube on mine, thats the real reason why i got a dj3, if someone is interested i would let it go very cheap, like 75$. I replaced the platic spacers by metal ones and it works great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.