Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got a 36 hole EX729 to go w/my Atom Labs GI bolt on hub, then I had to get a "Canuck w/the sweet hook ups in the Shorelands" to see the "steel drivin' man" ( John Henrys Bike shop ) about some "manly stones". After a 'lil fabricatin' on th' axel....I Gott'er Done!

Advantages: stiffer rearend, don't have to worry :cool: about the rear comin' loose anymore when jumpin'/droppin' & I can take the rear wheel off with an 8mm allen wrench, which I carry already. Sweet. :p

Disadvantages:....errr...ummm...well, I'll let you know if any come up. :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
Finally got a 36 hole EX729 to go w/my Atom Labs GI bolt on hub, then I had to get a "Canuck w/the sweet hook ups in the Shorelands" to see the "steel drivin' man" ( John Henrys Bike shop ) about some "manly stones". After a 'lil fabricatin' on th' axel....I Gott'er Done!

Advantages: stiffer rearend, don't have to worry :cool: about the rear comin' loose anymore when jumpin'/droppin' & I can take the rear wheel off with an 8mm allen wrench, which I carry already. Sweet. :p

Disadvantages:....errr...ummm...well, I'll let you know if any come up. :rolleyes:
i'm runnin' an axle too...

i think it's just supposed to prevent wheel theft :rolleyes: , but it seems to have stiffened up the rear end too, i run one up front also.

·
Registered
9,993 Posts
man w/ one hand said:

Those look very hot on there. Only downside I can think of is the price. But upgradeitis is a disease with no known cure.......

TJ

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
006_007 said:
Those look very hot on there. Only downside I can think of is the price. But upgradeitis is a disease with no known cure.......

TJ
Don't have to worry about price when you have "th' Canuck w/the Sweet Hook ups"...nomsane ? ;) Know how to get ahold of brake therapy stuff?? :cool:

·
Registered
896 Posts
JBsoxB said:
i'm runnin' an axle too...

i think it's just supposed to prevent wheel theft :rolleyes: , but it seems to have stiffened up the rear end too, i run one up front also.
Oh yeah, well I'm running two axles on my bike.

Is the only place to get those in Canada?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.