Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be in Boise on business Aug 10-12. I am looking to ride on sat aug 12 before my plane leaves that afternoon @4:00.
Any suggestions. I have never been to Boise.
I will either bring my mtb or my fixie road bike

Thanks

·
just a man
1,863 Posts
Welcome to Boise

Depending on how much dirt climbing you are into, check out the map on www.ridgetorivers.org around Camelsback Park, Military Reserve, or up higher off Bogus Basin Road. Try to visit this website often and maybe hook up with some of us when you get here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Single speed

I will probably bring my rigid singlespeed mtb. Any suggestions tires for the terrain?

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
I'm running Kenda Kinetics (non-sticky) in 2.35 on my SS, and they're my second favorite combo. 1st is the Blue Groove fr and Nev rr, in 2.35, non-sticky that I have on the double squish. I also ran the IRC Mythos combo 2.1 for a few years, and I like the 2.4 Motoraptor as a front tire really well, but on my SS, it's just a tad too wide for the original steel fork.

You can search past discussions of favorite tire combos for these dry foothills, and see that there's no single consensus.

hth
CDB

·
Registered
548 Posts
I would show you a good ride if you wanted, but I am going to be out of town for a race...

It depends entirely on what you like to ride... Dirt sidewalks or something a touch more challenging...

·
King of the Barneys
1,121 Posts
Yes,

but it's a serious ride, with Flip and RnRB hopefully still doing their clown ride at 630pm from Camelsback Park.

There may be others.

CDB

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Yeppers

Clown rides are still on every Friday at 630pm (or 7pm if the temps are close to 100). It's truly a no drop ride (well, you do have to drop off any egos at the trailhead)....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts