Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see one yet and it is less than a week and a half away. Anyone else pumped about it?

This will be my first go 'round at Boggs. Looking forward to a weekend of mtb fun with 600+ other dirt lovers :thumbsup:. Heading up early Friday some time.

Who's in? When are you heading up? Goals? What are you riding?

What else goes into a "stoke" thread...never done one before :shocked:

Say hey when you get up there.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm looking forward to the Boggs 8 hour (male solo beginner) - first time doing the event with Bike Monkey. My goals are simple... don't crash/get hurt, don't finish last, and have fun!

I'm planning to pre-ride the course on Friday afternoon but won't be camping overnight. Will I be screwed trying to find a parking spot/pit area near the race course on Sat morning?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Missed the last two Boggs due to injury. Am easing my way back by racing two man instead of solo. I'm hoping for good weather/conditions, not getting hurt, and having a blast camping and watching the events of the weekend. The last 2 Boggs I participated in were MUDFESTS!

Attachments

·
Custom User Title
7,429 Posts
Thinking that I actually need to ride my bike a bit more before going for 8hr (solo, beginner). Skiing and running took leisure time away recently.

·
I like mtn biking, too
3,204 Posts
Looking forward to racing under the pines then crackin' open a growler of Blind Pig! Doing the whole enchilada - hill climb, 8 hr, super D. My goal is to not get too sucked into intense goal-seeking. But well, it would be nice to squeeze in 8 laps somehow. First year in an old fogey, I mean, wizened and distinguished, class. (What?! How did that happen?!)

·
Registered
243 Posts
YEAH! I'm super pumped for this event. Looking forward to camping Friday night and just hanging out. Honestly, I'm happy whenever I have the opportunity to sleep underneath the trees.

Only doing the 8 hour on Saturday under SS Open, solo. Should be a blast.

·
Registered
665 Posts
They say aim for the stars so I'm in it to win it, Pro SS all three days. I hear at least one monster of a SSer is entered so Victory won't come easy by any means. We have a large crew coming up from walnut creek/concord area so it should be a party both nights.

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
We just had a little rain up here last night, I just got back from a morning ride and the trails are in incredible condition! I'll be rolling around next week starting Thursday, I'm sure I'll be seeing quite a few of you. No racing for me this year, just hanging out BSing and drinking beer. For those of you that don't know me, "tall guy with a big red beard" if you see me, hit me up for any local knowledge questions.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
This will be my 3rd year doing the race as part of a co-ed team. I'll be camping with a big group of people wearing green "AMBG" jerseys. I'll probably be volunteering when I'm not riding--pouring beer or some such.

Say hi as you pass me on the course :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Not sure what squadra is but yeah Kurt sounds right.

Ya, Squadra SF is a team from SF. If I remember correctly, Kurt won the Boggs 8 Hr last year on a single speed and had faster times and more laps than the geared pro riders. Definitely a really strong rider. Should be good competition for you

·
Registered
665 Posts
This will be my 3rd year doing the race as part of a co-ed team. I'll be camping with a big group of people wearing green "AMBG" jerseys. I'll probably be volunteering when I'm not riding--pouring beer or some such.

Say hi as you pass me on the course :)
If I pass you and all you hear from me is gasping for air don't be offended, that's just my way of saying Hi :p

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We just had a little rain up here last night, I just got back from a morning ride and the trails are in incredible condition! I'll be rolling around next week starting Thursday, I'm sure I'll be seeing quite a few of you. No racing for me this year, just hanging out BSing and drinking beer. For those of you that don't know me, "tall guy with a big red beard" if you see me, hit me up for any local knowledge questions.
Sounds like the conditions should be about perfect for the weekend. Will definitely try and say "hey" to as many folks as possible...my "race" pace is easily mistaken for others' "social" pace :(.

Doing the whole 3 days on my rigid Rockhopper (solo/beginner). Hoping not to get too beat up, have a blast, and not finish DFL (who am I kidding? I'd take DFL too :p:p).

Really noob Q...what is the address to put in my GPS for the drive up? Never been up to Boggs :eekster:. Thanks.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Are you coming from the north or south? If from the south you'll pass a texaco gas station then soon after you enter the main(if you can call it that) part of town. There will be a bicycles shop and some other stuff on your left then the road start to climb again. You be passing homes on both sides and as soon as you go through a rather tight right-left chiane the entrance road is the first road on your right with one of those forestry signs marked Boggs.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are you coming from the north or south? If from the south you'll pass a texaco gas station then soon after you enter the main(if you can call it that) part of town. There will be a bicycles shop and some other stuff on your left then the road start to climb again. You be passing homes on both sides and as soon as you go through a rather tight right-left chiane the entrance road is the first road on your right with one of those forestry signs marked Boggs.
Yup...from the south. I am heading up from Fairfield (bay-ish area). Thanks for the description. I'll keep an eye out for the landmarks you mention.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Try bring this up on google and you'll see the chicane and if you look south a bit you see the bicycle shop.

500 Forestry Rd, Cobb, CA 95426

It's just a plain unmaintained road for half a mile then you'll see the forestry station on your left and a restroom and map kiosk on your right. Grab a map, donate a buck and continue driving down the pothole infested dirt/gravel road for a couple miles till you see the venue on your left.

·
Pirate!!!
1,449 Posts
Try bring this up on google and you'll see the chicane and if you look south a bit you see the bicycle shop.

500 Forestry Rd, Cobb, CA 95426

It's just a plain unmaintained road for half a mile then you'll see the forestry station on your left and a restroom and map kiosk on your right. Grab a map, donate a buck and continue driving down the pothole infested dirt/gravel road for a couple miles till you see the venue on your left.
Thanks for jumping in on this Rojo, however some of the information is incorrect. There is no bicycle shop anywhere near Boggs or Cobb.. The nearest shop to the south is in Calastoga, and to the north in Lakeport. Cheers

1 - 20 of 55 Posts