Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 286 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,633 Posts
Mrs. CHUM and I will sign up as a duo....we will pass mini-CHUM back and forth as we finish laps....

it will be grand...it will be fun.....but if Mrs. CHUM takes a 4 hour lap i know it was all a rouse to ditch me with the kid for the day.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
666 Posts
CHUM said:
Mrs. CHUM and I will sign up as a duo....we will pass mini-CHUM back and forth as we finish laps....

it will be grand...it will be fun.....but if Mrs. CHUM takes a 4 hour lap i know it was all a rouse to ditch me with the kid for the day.......
Chum, I have a buddy up here in Sac that does that at all the races. It is pretty funny. She races her race, then him or hand offs for laps at endurance races. I think it is probably easier to be out on your lap.
 

·
bike geek
Joined
·
1,051 Posts
So what's the story with these? Not much info on the bikemonkey site. I read some reports of past Boggs and see lots of solo and 2-person teams. Is this pretty much the choice? Standard age group cats? This looks like fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
tamjam said:
So what's the story with these? Not much info on the bikemonkey site. I read some reports of past Boggs and see lots of solo and 2-person teams. Is this pretty much the choice? Standard age group cats? This looks like fun.
Sign up solo. 8 hours is like a MTBR group ride, but instead of 3 hours of riding and 5 hours of BSing, its just 8 hours of riding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,767 Posts
EBrider said:
I'll be there too. Hopefully it doesn't fill up to fast, I'm planning on riding Sunday afternoon.
You aren't going to bring your stinking saddles too are you?
I don't want to have to smell them for 8 hrs straight:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
rsquared28 said:
You aren't going to bring your stinking saddles too are you?
I don't want to have to smell them for 8 hrs straight:p
Fortunately the bike I will ride at Boggs is not the one with the offending saddle. I do plan on a few Carne Asada burritos with rice and beans the night before though, so you are going to want to ride faster than me.
 

·
mind taking
Joined
·
370 Posts
This year Im bringing a bike that won't snap in half (one not previously owned by Menso), looking forward to finishing the race on wheels rather than on foot.

Mr Crash: no idea. Its been getting more and more popular in recent years so you better jump on it asap, but I would expect you'd have a day or two to get in. Hope to see you there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Registration is open. Tamjam-- here are the categories:


---SOLO MEN---
Beginner Men
Sport Men
Expert Men
Pro Men
Singlespeed Men
Pro Singlespeed Men
Masters 40 Men
Masters 50 Men

---SOLO WOMEN---
Beginner Women
Sport Women
Expert Women
Pro Women
Singlespeed Women
Masters 40 Women

---TANDEM---
Tandem Coed
Tandem Men
Tandem Women

---2 PERSON---
2 Person Coed
2 Person Men
2 Person Singlespeed
2 Person Women
2 Person Pro Men
2 Person Pro Women

---3 PERSON---
3 Person Shop Cup*
3 Person Coed
3 Person Men
3 Person Singlespeed
3 Person Women
3 Person Pro Men
3 Person Pro Women
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,371 Posts
MrCrash said:
How fast does it typically set out? This isn't a Downieville All Mountain practice-speed-typing-your-credit-card-number kind of deal, is it?
nah, last year you had until mid Feb, I think. But it is getting much popular, so don't take my word.

Oh, but I registered already.
 
1 - 20 of 286 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top