Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trails at Bobcat are now open. Conditions aren't great but they are not bad enough to justify keeping it closed.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
fcna said:
The trails at Bobcat are now open. Conditions aren't great but they are not bad enough to justify keeping it closed.
More importantly, how is Ginny looking :D

I have stayed away, knowing the trails must me hammered, but if Ginny is good to go, at least by this weekend, I will once again be a happy camper. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Shamrock1079 said:
+1 on Ginny this weekend! hopefully it is nice and dry.
My wife just went out to hike it, will report back this afternoon. She is going to make it (or try) to the log bridge & just past, to the shaded side hill which is usually the last to dry.

·
pain intolerant
745 Posts
inkpad said:
My wife just went out to hike it, will report back this afternoon. She is going to make it (or try) to the log bridge & just past, to the shaded side hill which is usually the last to dry.
I'm on the edge of my seat and my breath is held. Thanks for posting.

·
Kid In The Helmet
206 Posts
brokefork said:
There will be a traffic jam from Denver heading up there this weekend:D
I'm sure that's not necessary...not sure if anyone told you, but Bobcat Ridge is very boring...no need for you guys to drive all the way up here :p

haha - looking forward to hitting some actual trail very soon, hope to meet some of you this weekend. I quietly await word on the conditions :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
jradin said:
I'm on the edge of my seat and my breath is held. Thanks for posting.
Here's the scoop:

Bottom trail to get to Ginny entrance is about 50% ice, plus a bit of mud, but dry in spots. Ginny entrance was clear, but once you got into the trail there were straightaway sections of snow, though only a couple inches deep at most. Overall she said Ginny was about 70% clear, 10& mud, the rest some snow & ice, but still rideable for the most part. Now the disclaimer: The conditions were just a hair above freezing, so what looked great today may not be so great if it warms up, meaning more mud, but who knows. I am going to wait til the weekend to try, most likely go before 10am.

Attachments

·
holding back the darkness
1,734 Posts
Hmm.... Might deploy the new whip for her maiden dirt voyage on friday provided conditions are appropriate.

Anyone else riding Friday?

·
"Oldfart from Wayback"
1,683 Posts
Looks MUCH drier than Hewlett's or Greyrock last weekend. Both were 90% ice or heavy snowpack.

The forecast doesn't look like there will be much more melting and another storm possibly for the weekend.

·
Registered
344 Posts
subliminalshiver said:
Hmm.... Might deploy the new whip for her maiden dirt voyage on friday provided conditions are appropriate.

Anyone else riding Friday?
I'd be up for a ride on Friday. What time were you thinking?

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
So that last pic looks rideable? No other fresh tire tracks in the other pics, right? Just wonderin'?

·
2,815 Posts
jugdish said:
So that last pic looks rideable? No other fresh tire tracks in the other pics, right? Just wonderin'?
I'd ride that, and be out by 10am though for sure. I might ride out there tomorrow morning to check out, heck if it ends up soupy I got a solid 24 or so miles on the road at least...

·
Kid In The Helmet
206 Posts
looks good for morning riding...plus this weekend isn't supposed to get too warm so we may have a larger window. those of you that are going on Friday morning, please report back if you can. I want to ride that so bad this weekend...:cool:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Man those pics make me want to head for bed and get my bum out in the morning before I have to get the kiddos off to school!
Ok, where did I put my winter gear????? :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts