Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
wow, first four shots are the nicest co forum shots of the year. well done.

no way i can get close to capturing that light and clarity trailside. i'm sure getting my fat arse up for sunrise would help as well.

qmoto, any shared tips on camera and low light setup would be much appreciated. thanks again for the stoke, it'll help get us thru winter.

·
Yann Ropars
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys... low lighting is tricky always...
- stop breathing helps with stabilizing your pictures, especially if you're using an SLR zoom like i do
- try several times: i usually take several shots (if i have time) of the same scene with different settings (manual speed or low light auto mode... flash if necessary)
- i also carry my camera on my chest (some do carry it on their backpack strap), super fast to grab and put back
- i tend to ride fast ahead to prepare my pictures and then catch up with the group...
- 50% of a photo is the background... the rider is a feature like a tree, the moon, rocks, trails...etc but the background is very important

I hope this helps.

see pouch on chest here:

·
pain intolerant
745 Posts
Awesome pics!

Were you up there Saturday or Sunday? Just wondering how much snow Bobcat got (if your pictures were taken Sunday, then it looks like almost none, which would be strange given the ~two inches I got in old town).

·
Registered
24,083 Posts
Man I love that trail, best one I rode while there this summer :D and those are some fantastic photos, great job.:thumbsup: One of my visits I will hopefully hook up with you guys for a ride that early :skep:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.