Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i knwo, this is a mountain bike forum, but i think bmxing is a great way to add style and flow to your mountain biking escapades, so i think that it is fair and proper to have a bmx thread, possibly even a forum (well stick to thread as of now)

so thisis the official bmx thread so post up anything to do with bmx, ask your bmx questions, post your bmx vids and pics...and show off your bmx bike

ill start with my favourite vid

http://www.bmxvideo.net/cgi-bin/Ima...it.wmv&img=0&search=HITS&cat=all&tt=mpg&bool=

and my favourite flatland vid

http://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/video/image/0,15741,1215411_78_1,00.html

can we get a sticky??

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
the ROOTS will never die!!!!! well, actually, I just ebayed my recent bmx bike, haha, but always much respect to the 20 inchers no doubt....

thar she blows, raw dog in all her might:

and btw, I was going to start a new thread on the subject... but I think most will see it here hopefully....
anybody here seen the Lotek Mixtape???!? Now that is some sick tech street gnar!!!! those guys are frickin' skilled up the wonkajib! :eekster: I think you can dl this somewhere on the web I'm sure, but I just got the dvd for $5 from a recent order from staff-bmx.... might pick up the new animal dvd pretty soon as well (since steven hamilton recieves my daily worship)...
but, my all time favorite sesh's are from Corey Martinez and Steven Hamilton from the Federal vid that hit a year or so ago. Look them up on google video!!! now! those are some sick as$ street sessions on film, probably the best, and I'm not kidding.

·
Registered
466 Posts
My hair is shorter now, and no, that was not a mullet, and yes, you gotta love the expression:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BikeSATORI said:
the ROOTS will never die!!!!! well, actually, I just ebayed my recent bmx bike, haha, but always much respect to the 20 inchers no doubt....

thar she blows, raw dog in all her might:

and btw, I was going to start a new thread on the subject... but I think most will see it here hopefully....
anybody here seen the Lotek Mixtape???!? Now that is some sick tech street gnar!!!! those guys are frickin' skilled up the wonkajib! :eekster: I think you can dl this somewhere on the web I'm sure, but I just got the dvd for $5 from a recent order from staff-bmx.... might pick up the new animal dvd pretty soon as well (since steven hamilton recieves my daily worship)...
but, my all time favorite sesh's are from Corey Martinez and Steven Hamilton from the Federal vid that hit a year or so ago. Look them up on google video!!! now! those are some sick as$ street sessions on film, probably the best, and I'm not kidding.
why does it only have one peg on the drive side...it doesnt look like there are any on the other side, or is that just the pic

·
Registered
916 Posts
Been mtb'n bout a year and a half. Picked up a 20 few months ago and can't put it down. It's an S&M WarPig, love it to death, started pulling off 3's bout a week ago.

Almost got tabletops, just need to turn my damn bars. Turn dammit, turn!!

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
free rider said:
why does it only have one peg on the drive side...it doesnt look like there are any on the other side, or is that just the pic
I'm not a flatland rider... :skep: I mostly do feebles, and some icepick stalls, and just as a back up for sprocket grinds as well. Pegs are HEAVY, why have 4??? I actually sometimes rode without even that back one.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
free rider said:
ya thats also here in the dh/fr forum under warning bmx footage

the fact that hes on a fully rigid, with no helmet and no pads blows my mind...the fact that human wrists and ankles can take 20' to little tranny is amazing
haha.... and it's also here in the urban/dj forum under "Jimmy LeVan is the man..." or something like that. ;) the dude straight up puts down any foo sayin' he needs susp. for mass gappage... :eekster:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BikeSATORI said:
haha.... and it's also here in the urban/dj forum under "Jimmy LeVan is the man..." or something like that. ;) the dude straight up puts down any foo sayin' he needs susp. for mass gappage... :eekster:
haha, if i would have been there while he was contemplating it i would have said lets go to the bike store and pick up a full suspension rig...then we will think further about this...and a fycking helmet

no way would i have thought this was possible on a bmx, nor would i have thought someone had big enough cojones to even consider this without a little bit of squish.

mad props to jimmy levan:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BikeSATORI said:
I'm not a flatland rider... :skep: I mostly do feebles, and some icepick stalls, and just as a back up for sprocket grinds as well. Pegs are HEAVY, why have 4??? I actually sometimes rode without even that back one.
but why not have 2 pegs on the non-drive side so you can do double peg grinds and what not, it makes more sense to me:confused:

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
free rider said:
but why not have 2 pegs on the non-drive side so you can do double peg grinds and what not, it makes more sense to me:confused:
ok, well, makes sense to you, but not to me. That's not my style, I don't do dub peg grinds. if you do, then throw your heavy pegs on, it's fine with me. and I only grind on the drive side. like I said, I dig feebles and icepic stalls, that's my thing... I don't even have pegs on my new bike, since I'm more of a flow rider, not a kink basher. now, my pedals and dropouts are my options anyway. ;)

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BikeSATORI said:
ok, well, makes sense to you, but not to me. That's not my style, I don't do dub peg grinds. if you do, then throw your heavy pegs on, it's fine with me. and I only grind on the drive side. like I said, I dig feebles and icepic stalls, that's my thing... I don't even have pegs on my new bike, since I'm more of a flow rider, not a kink basher. now, my pedals and dropouts are my options anyway. ;)
whatever suits you man, im happy as long as other people are riding:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.