Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice a couple of my buddies had GT Performers and Pro Performers. I had a Hutch Trick Star, some other friends had Haro Masters, Schwinn Predators or Redlines.
Redline was what I wanted. I had a handmedown CW racing. I got that because I was poor and a rich friend upgraded to a Z cut CW bike.
modern day beach cruiser...
I could do some cool ass shut with this bike

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
This 29er reproduction rocks. I found a dealer that actually has some in stock. View attachment 1945494
That's a great idea.
When I ride the kids 20" bmx bikes they feel so small compared to what I ride now, 29+ for the most part. Grew up racing on CW Z frames then moved to freestyle on a Performer...Think my brother still has his Trick Star.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
24”, 26”, and 29” BMX are popular - however, SS mountain bikes are somewhat more popular
But both big BMX and SS MTB are fairly price sensitive
indicating to me that most buyers get them extra occasional play bikes; not as primary bike

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a great idea.
When I ride the kids 20" bmx bikes they feel so small compared to what I ride now, 29+ for the most part. Grew up racing on CW Z frames then moved to freestyle on a Performer...Think my brother still has his Trick Star.
I wonder how many other out there used to just love watching Josh White be a badass on his bike.

·
Registered
186 Posts
24's are my preference for a DJ play bike personally. MTB and BMX alike...
View attachment 1945624 View attachment 1945622
View attachment 1945627
Those are rad. 24 just makes so much sense for dirt jumps and the such. I personally think 26 dj won out due to the early MTB heritage.

I fabbed up a 24 frame for a friend that'll run the manitou junit fork. The steerer tube is a little thin which spooks me but I could always get a thicker one pressed in.
Early mockup and the finished thing waiting for cleanup and paint.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I’m refinishing my GT Bump from ‘99. Sadly the rear wheel has a decent flat spot and I’m not real keen on spending money to replace it.

20” is small, compared to my 29er MTB, but I don’t want a 29er BMX. My neighbor got a S&M COVID Cruiser 26” that is sweet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.