Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, I know this is MTB land.... But.... I'm sure u guys can give some good advice.... What are some good ways of setting up a gyro rear brake. The bike is new. The rear brake feels mushy and doesn't stop worth dooky.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Think of it as two different systems, Lower and Upper.

Install the lowers first, making sure the cables are pulled all the way down.

Install the uppers, adjust till their is no play.

If you are installing with v-brakes you need to make sure that you have enough space between the Gyro plates to get full movement. Also, know that Vs push the cable movement limits of the stock cables, but a Primo Pervert can increase it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ihatemybike said:
Think of it as two different systems, Lower and Upper.

Install the lowers first, making sure the cables are pulled all the way down.

Install the uppers, adjust till their is no play.

If you are installing with v-brakes you need to make sure that you have enough space between the Gyro plates to get full movement. Also, know that Vs push the cable movement limits of the stock cables, but a Primo Pervert can increase it.
Cool,thanks for the info. I'll try to get all the slack out, make sure the cables are lubricated, get the right angles on the parts, the right spring tension, etc..... The brake is a standard u brake with weak lookin pads.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.