Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
likes beer
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to do this but was curious if anyoneon here has already done this to their SS....also, any input as to if the diameter if cruiser bars are the same as MTB bars? If not, will that require a non0MTB stem?

sorry, Im a noob.

Attachments

·
likes beer
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd have to get a new stem regardless---this one only opens up slightly, it doesnt come completely apart in the front like a lot of stems do.

So, with that said....suggestions?

·
Administrator
11,325 Posts
I think that they are different diameters. At least my 20" bars were, I tried to steal the stem once, didn't work, the MTB bars are too large diameter for the stem.

It might be hard to get a BMX stem that is the right length but you might be able to shim up the BMX bar to fit a MTB stem.

Grip area is the same size though so your brakes will mount no problem.

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
fireman's texas cruisers. not sure if they're still around, but it was a 26" singlespeed company that made basically 26" cruisers that were mostly used offroad. cruiser bars were used frequently, with i believe bmx stems.

·
likes beer
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn. I want to get a BMX stem like that btu Im not even sure they make such an thing that would fit on my Bridgestone....1" headtube.....suggestions?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts