Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my eye on a seto of profile or redline flights. The flights have a Euro BB 19mm spindle. I have a EBB on my GF Ferrous. What would i need to make the conversion work. I suppose i could use my BB and shimm the spindle but the Bontrager race lite gxp look to wide. Plus i want to use the gxp's on another bike.

Thanks,

·
Registered
53 Posts
w/o knowing the bb spindle size of the GXP on the GF, its hard to say if the RL 19mm spindle will drop into that bb at all.....spacing or spindle diameter, etc.

best bet, just get a euro 19mm bb setup and keep that GXP bb w/ the cranks that came out of your bike.....

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Fwiw , bmx cranksets usually wind up being substantiually heavier than a good mtb setup . 68 in the width of your BB in MM's , you still have to consider thread pitch , spindle diameter etc .

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We shall see i guess, I have seen other bikes with them and they all used the stock euroBB and the stock spindle. I have the whole complete set. Im not worried about weight just stregth. Im about 270 and fairly rough on my bike alloy cranks aint gonna get it. Thanks for the info

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.