Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COLORADO NBL INDOOR BMX CRASHES INTO THE RANCH-WAY FEEDS INDOOR ARENA

The National Bicycle League (NBL) is the only recognized sanctioning body for BMX racing in North America. The NBL is a non-profit organization that has been promoting BMX racing on the national, regional, state and local levels since 1974, and they are bringing their action back to Northern Colorado Saturday (9a.m.-5p.m.) and Sunday (8a.m.-2p.m.), January 7-8 at The Ranch. Admission is free to the general public. If you like to plan ahead, mark your calendars now, as The Ranch will be hosting the NBL Indoor BMX Nationals Friday through Sunday, February 3-5.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
chad1433 said:
COLORADO NBL INDOOR BMX CRASHES INTO THE RANCH-WAY FEEDS INDOOR ARENA

The National Bicycle League (NBL) is the only recognized sanctioning body for BMX racing in North America. The NBL is a non-profit organization that has been promoting BMX racing on the national, regional, state and local levels since 1974, and they are bringing their action back to Northern Colorado Saturday (9a.m.-5p.m.) and Sunday (8a.m.-2p.m.), January 7-8 at The Ranch. Admission is free to the general public. If you like to plan ahead, mark your calendars now, as The Ranch will be hosting the NBL Indoor BMX Nationals Friday through Sunday, February 3-5.
I have raced at events put on by almost every BMX Sanctioning body that has ever been. (ABA, NBA, NBL, USBA, NORA and others that I can't recall at the moment.)
The ABA by far and away has their stuff together better. The NBL has always been the little brother of the ABA. The ABA is run by former racers with over 20 years experience
in promoting, organizing and running BMX Races.

I have raced many NBL races, they do a good job, but by far aren't the best and I doubt they are "the only recognized sanctioning body for BMX racing in North America."
But the Indoor race sounds like a blast. I always enjoyed Indoor Races the best.

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
bpatterson6 said:
I have raced at events put on by almost every BMX Sanctioning body that has ever been. (ABA, NBA, NBL, USBA, NORA and others that I can't recall at the moment.)
The ABA by far and away has their stuff together better. The NBL has always been the little brother of the ABA. The ABA is run by former racers with over 20 years experience
in promoting, organizing and running BMX Races.

I have raced many NBL races, they do a good job, but by far aren't the best and I doubt they are "the only recognized sanctioning body for BMX racing in North America."
But the Indoor race sounds like a blast. I always enjoyed Indoor Races the best.
Yeah, I'd have to say my seven years of BMX racing experience in both the NBL and ABA left me with a more favorable view of events run by the ABA at the time, have no idea what's happening anymore, we're talking seventies and early eighties here.

If I can, I'd be interested in racing cruiser class in this NBL winter series. Been a long time since I raced an indoor NBL BMX winter series, and we used to have wooden jumps back then. I doubt I'll be bringing home the accumulative series points trophy for my class again this time, but could be fun anyway even if I finished DFL, haven't done that in a long time either. If I do go and race, watch your spokes (no specific tallent level implied!), you'll see where I got part of my screen name. :D

Dave

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
bikeandski said:
mtbdirteater said:
If I can, I'd be interested in racing cruiser class in this NBL winter series.

Yes you can race an mtb bike in the cruiser class if that's what you mean, but I'm pretty sure you have to buy a license. I'm not sure how much$.

I'll race you for DFL Dave!
Thanks, I have the NBL license stuff laying on my desk somewhere, yes, I'm interested in racing a 26" wheel bike in cruiser class if I can, which means if I'm in town and don't have to work those days. When I find that NBL envelope, I ought to just post the info here, I should check current price too.

Could be a heated battle for DFL, are you sure you're up to it? :D

What would you race? My Evil is a bit heavy for that, but I could swap wheels or race a singlespeed Redline. Again!

Dave

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
mtbdirteater said:
Thanks, I have the NBL license stuff laying on my desk somewhere, yes, I'm interested in racing a 26" wheel bike in cruiser class if I can, which means if I'm in town and don't have to work those days. When I find that NBL envelope, I ought to just post the info here, I should check current price too.

What would you race? My Evil is a bit heavy for that, but I could swap wheels or race a singlespeed Redline. Again!

Dave
I don't know what DFL is, but it sounds pretty sweet, and I wanna win it! Brent and Dave, you guys are going down!

;)

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
.thumper. said:
I don't know what DFL is, but it sounds pretty sweet, and I wanna win it! Brent and Dave, you guys are going down!

;)
I don't know Grant, Dead F-ing Last is my two-wheeled destiny in life now, you're gonna have to try really hard to beat me out of it. :p

Blast from the past...

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
mtbdirteater said:

Dave
I would race my street/DJ rig my Sinister DNA, like your Evil it's a bit heavy and overbuilt for the task but just fine for coming in DFL and looking good in the process!

·
Registered
812 Posts
.thumper. said:

;)
If that dude bpatterson is racing there is no way you or I could win the DFL title, he owns!

:p

JK Billy, I just can't stop myself when it comes to giving you $hit! :D

·
Registered
812 Posts
mtbdirteater said:
I don't know Grant, Dead F-ing Last is my two-wheeled destiny in life now, you're gonna have to try really hard to beat me out of it. :p

Blast from the past...

Dave
Dave do you have any of that gear laying around still? That helmet with the yellow football style chinstrap is hysterical! good stuff!

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
.thumper. said:

;)
Ahh...the consequences of sandbagging... ;) :p

Just kidding Grant. :)

·
Now Uploading
1,110 Posts
bikeandski said:
Dave do you have any of that gear laying around still? That helmet with the yellow football style chinstrap is hysterical! good stuff!
Just the gloves, and the leather is a little crispy 24 years later. That was my Electro motorcycle helmet, all we had back then for bike helmets were those Pro-Tec plastic things that I split two of. That's a Jofa mouthguard. NBL required then and still does, mouth guard or full face. I think hockey players still wear those. I had to sell those Bill Walthers leathers a few years ago (I think some guy wanted them for a motocross hall of fame picture). I'm not getting into any 28 waist size pants anymore! :D

Some [email protected] stole the bike after that race season. And I'll still terminate their worthless self if I ever find out who it was.

Cheers,

Dave

·
Rocket Scientist
1,010 Posts
bikeandski said:
If that dude bpatterson is racing there is no way you or I could win the DFL title, he owns!

:p

JK Billy, I just can't stop myself when it comes to giving you $hit! :D
That's Ok BBOX. I hear you blabbin' but I aint listenin'.
btw, you movin' to expert too? I am.

Wayyyyy Back then, People knew what the Number 1 on the plate meant.

Forgot to add: I'll be pimpin a bad azz mofo like this next season!! Move over V10! :D

·
Registered
812 Posts
bpatterson6 said:
That's Ok BBOX. I hear you blabbin' but I aint listenin'.
btw, you movin' to expert too? I am.

Wayyyyy Back then, People knew what the Number 1 on the plate meant.

Forgot to add: I'll be pimpin a bad azz mofo like this next season!! Move over V10! :D
Nice! :)

Yeah, I'm moving up to expert and I'm going to get beat badly a lot :D

You're new ride will be sweet for sure!

See ya.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.