Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perfect for the short 350km trip from Munich/Germany to Lago di Garda/Italy, Top down, bike on back and off we go :thumbsup:

For my fellow Europeans, if you are intersted in the rack, it's an "Eckla" (Made in Germany) universal rack and costs around 120€. Holds up to 3 bikes and i have used it like 2000kms now without any problems.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey bro, nice wheels (both bike and car). Do you have any pics without the bike on it?
I've got an M3 convertible and have been using a "bones" trunk bike rack but I've noticed that it's been scratching up my clear coat on the trunk. :madman:
I'm curious as to how your bike rack mounts on the trunk of your car?

I found a link where a guy was using a suction cup bike rack on his Lotus convertible and may give that some thought. I just don't think I could trust my bike to a couple of suckers though.

I used to live just South of Munich in a small town called Penzberg. I remember riding up and bombing down the "Blomberg" foothills on my Novara mtbk. :D Sure is a beautiful area down there!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi!
Funny :) Of course I know Penzberg. Always come along on the Autobahn, when I drive down to Garmisch Partenkirchen or Walchensee area (usually bike there)

The rack is fixed with 6 straps which hold very tight. 2 go to the front of the trunk hood, 2 to the side and 2 to the back. Suction cups? :eek: I wouldn't dare to use this to hold the weight of a bike.

The pads of the rack which lay on the trunk hood scratch it a little (really very fine). I was able to remove the scratches with Zaino Swirl remover. I guess any other detailing product will work as well. If the scratches should get really bad I think it should be possible to buff it out no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts