Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so in Mountain Bike UK I saw an add for a BMW bike and there was a guy that rode a Honda downhill bike. Since when do these people make bikes? The Honda one looked like it weighed at least 50 pounds..

·
Registered
22 Posts
I believe the BMW you are talking about is Brooklyn Machine Works
if not then i have not heard of a BMW bike
and honda was supposedly for testing out design's for moto and it became something more

·
Fartographer
1,847 Posts
Assuming you really don't know, Honda only makes a DH race bike. I don't know if you can even buy one anywhere. And I don't think Bavarian Motor Works makes a mountain bike. But Brooklyn Machine Works does.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hmm seems 2nd rate looks like a cruz wow 1895 euro's for it you can buy a decent xc bike for that much.

and also i remmber reading an article about the honda bike something about it costing $60k+ to make it(including R&D and such) and they are not for sale

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
Master_Jako said:
there ya go...
When I read the ad it looked like an extremely over priced average bike. At 1895pounds, you should be able to buy a hell of a lot more than that. I mean...that's over $3k U.S. I think, which is more than enough to get a very nice bike that isn't just being marketed towards wealthy bmw-car customers who want something to match their vehicle.

·
Registered
139 Posts
COmtbiker has it exactly right. Porche built an overpriced mtb about 10 years ago with floating disc brake calipers and them dumb wheels to be unique aimed entirely at the car owners.

because there were not the main source of income for the car companies it didn't really matter if they sold many so the prices are unrealistic.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.