Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
dead weight
731 Posts
I'm always glad to see new trail. Forgive me if this is not the right place to ask, but is it possible to ride Dark Mtn, then Overmountain Victory all the way to Warrior Creek (little to no roads between)? I'm thinking about making a trip up that way from Raleigh but would want to rack up the miles because it's a long drive.

Thanks.

Jack

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yep. It would be lots and lots of miles if you want to make a giant out-and-back. Be aware that Warrior dead ends about 7ish miles in. You can either back track or exit a little early at an obvious branch near some rest rooms and take the road out.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
JackFromNC said:
I'm always glad to see new trail. Forgive me if this is not the right place to ask, but is it possible to ride Dark Mtn, then Overmountain Victory all the way to Warrior Creek (little to no roads between)? I'm thinking about making a trip up that way from Raleigh but would want to rack up the miles because it's a long drive.

Thanks.

Jack
You're looking at 4-5 miles of road riding (one way) between the end of OVT and the start of Warrior Creek. I've looked at doing the same thing you're talking about and it seems to make more sense to ride Dark Mtn. and OVT. Then drive over to Warrior Creek.

Given the fun factor of these trails, I'd recommend spending all your time on trails and not wasting any of it on pavement.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You cannot connect WC with the trails that start at the dam. you can, however, ride 3 miles on pavement from the end of the OVT at Bandits Roost to the Warrior Creek Keowee access point. For an epic out/back try starting at the spillway and ride Fish Dam Trail to Burn loop to OVT to Bandits. then the road to Keowee (as mentioned) out to the Warrior Creek Loop....ride all of that. Turn around at the Sponge-Berm-Sweat-Pants section we just finished and do everything in reverse...~60 miles. It is probably just under right now, but definitely over 55 miles as is. I posted a few more things about WC in another thread if you want more info.

The new tread will be very slick with all the rain, so please go when it is dry.

Have fun!

·
Registered
110 Posts
The campground is closed but you can still ride. Continue up 268 past Reservoir Road where you turn for DM & OVT. It's about 6 miles or so. Look for the sign to Warrior Creek Campground. You will make a right after you cross the bridge. Go past the first guard house into Keowee Park. You can park there. To access the trails from Keowee, ride back towards 268 and look for the trail on your right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.