Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMA's 2nd Annual SufferFest 2009

This is the 2nd Annual SufferFest on Saturday September 12 presented by the Boulder Mountain Bike Alliance (BMA). This is the real deal, starting at over 8,000 feet in Nederland CO and climbing over 5,000 feet across just less than 50 miles of gnarly double track and single track. To participate you need to check out the details at http://bma-mtb.org/events/Sufferfest2009.php and then register on the site. We have contact info there to address any questions. I hope to see you crying on the course.

P.S. We will have you covered with FREE BEER, food, shuttle, and camping.
It's good to be a BMA member....

Attachments

·
1,535 Posts
sounds fun.

i'd rather ride peak to peak back to ward and down lefthand to sleep in my own bed than sleep in a tent after a 50 mile ride. or would that negate the necessary suffering to say i participated in it?

·
contains quinine
4,619 Posts
nomit said:
sounds fun.

i'd rather ride peak to peak back to ward and down lefthand to sleep in my own bed than sleep in a tent after a 50 mile ride. or would that negate the necessary suffering to say i participated in it?
Do it! I know several folks that parked at the end on Beaver Res Road and rode to the start of the ride.

·
1,535 Posts
unfortunately idk if my wrist will be up to the task by mid september. 4.5 months post surgery now, and i can barely ride my mtn bike without pain. doing the 405 through sourdough up st vrain is hell on hands/wrists when 100%...don't want to aggravate my **** and be out more.

getting frustrating sitting here looking at all the ride reports and pictures and potential group rides, fun rides, races...etc. :madmax:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Suffer more and ride back to town? Or camp and drink with your friends?

Yes Friends this is the SAME route as last year. Now last year we had about 55 folks do the ride and only about 5 actually completed the Buchan Pass ending. This ride is hard! If you are crazy and want to suffer more by riding back to town, so be it. I will be sitting at the campfire with FREE BEER and eating some tasty BBQ. Bears! Yes we did have 1 bear show up the next day who got into BMA's own Mike Barrow's snack stash, mmmm happy bear!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buchan Pass and Refund Policy

I won't be too hard on you if you don't do the Buchan Pass loop at the end...especially since I didn't do it last year. If you are blown, you can always get up and do it first thing the next morning. Then again I was one of the two sweepers that had to pick up the last two folks who headed out to do Buchan Pass as the sun was setting. I look forward to completing the whole ride this year. Remember when you commit to Buchan Pass you better be ready. Jason designed the ride with the most technical descent at the very end, it's nothing scary but very technical...think lots of rock moves. The climb out is a beast but not very long, then you will be cheered on into camp where I will personally slap a cold beer in your hand, if I beat you there.

Refund...? This ride is FREE to all BMA members...so log on at www.bma-mtb.org and get your membership. Memberships are less than a tank of gas and last all year with numerous perks.

·
Old, stale, negative
800 Posts
colorado mtn biker said:
I won't be too hard on you if you don't do the Buchan Pass loop at the end...especially since I didn't do it last year. If you are blown, you can always get up and do it first thing the next morning. Then again I was one of the two sweepers that had to pick up the last two folks who headed out to do Buchan Pass as the sun was setting. I look forward to completing the whole ride this year. Remember when you commit to Buchan Pass you better be ready. Jason designed the ride with the most technical descent at the very end, it's nothing scary but very technical...think lots of rock moves. The climb out is a beast but not very long, then you will be cheered on into camp where I will personally slap a cold beer in your hand, if I beat you there.

Refund...? This ride is FREE to all BMA members...so log on at www.bma-mtb.org and get your membership. Memberships are less than a tank of gas and last all year with numerous perks.
Thanks for being..ahem... not being a douche and actually answering(sometimes people take an opportunity like that to trash any and everyone in their path). I plan on giving it my best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Too Much Suffering in the World

Yes, there is already too much suffering in the world already. BUT, if you live here in Boulder Colorado you are probably living the high life and need to suffer more. Just get on your bike and pedal like this ride was your everyday commute, wouldn't that be sweet. Get in touch with others who are suffering around the world by coming to Ned and flogging yourself over 50 miles of tough trail. If you do happen to cry on the trail you will get extra points for developing your empathy for others in the world.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.