Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
Hey while you have your paws on one could you measure the A-C without sag? Oh and what travel is it set at. Oh and measure the leg spacing without the hub in it. I'll buy ya a beer ;)

·
Really I am that slow
3,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey while you have your paws on one could you measure the A-C without sag? Oh and what travel is it set at. Oh and measure the leg spacing without the hub in it. I'll buy ya a beer ;)
setup 100mm 512 a-c... rest i'll have to do monday when i'm at work =)

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
So what hub companys make 150 hubs or could u use spacers to make a 135 work.
I have the new Hope Fatsno and going to just machine new end caps. Of coarse I will need to slide the caliper over as well but I have a plan and with any luck it should work just fine.

after all i've done for you and this is what i get in return?? :cryin:
There is room in my heart for two :smilewinkgrin:

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,064 Posts
I thought this thread would be about downtube/crown clearances....

·
Living the thug life.
795 Posts
It was mentioned somewhere else that the tire will hit the downtube on a Yampa when compressed. Not sure on clearing the crown, but the tire hitting would be bad news, thus the new frame. Going purely visually, the Corvus from Fatback will probably have both crown hitting and tire rubbing issues. I am sure the Carbon Beargrease will not have that problem. I know the guys at 9:ZERO:7 have been riding the fork all winter with buds. No crown issue from what I am told, no tire issues I assume because it was ridden often and hard that way, so the Whiteout is good as well.

·
aka bOb
8,813 Posts
It was mentioned somewhere else that the tire will hit the downtube on a Yampa when compressed. Not sure on clearing the crown, but the tire hitting would be bad news, thus the new frame. Going purely visually, the Corvus from Fatback will probably have both crown hitting and tire rubbing issues. I am sure the Carbon Beargrease will not have that problem. I know the guys at 9:ZERO:7 have been riding the fork all winter with buds. No crown issue from what I am told, no tire issues I assume because it was ridden often and hard that way, so the Whiteout is good as well.
I didn't even think of the tire hitting the downtube fully compressed, yeah that would suck!!

·
turtles make me hot
11,484 Posts
I have an alloy 190mm 907 and an alloy 170mm Fatback.
I'm building the fatback up as 29+. Anyone have any clue if Bluto would work in that app? I was so excited to have a 29+ hardtail.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts