Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. This is my first post so go easy... A bit of background on myself: I am an avid mtn biker that rides 2-3 times a week and races sport a few times a year. I've been looking seriously at either the SC Blur XC or the Intense Spider and would like to get your opinions on either or both if you've spent time in the saddle on both. Also, does anyone know the weight of a small frame SC Blur XC?

Almost forgot...noticed they don't offer the trans blue color and offer a liquid blue instead. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Loved the trans blue.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Exactly

Count_Stylie said:
Blur XC all the way.
Lighter, more travel, RP3 custom valved to the bike and cheaper.

What more would you want?

the count[/QUOTE

The Blur XC will be lighter and may be a little better for racing. They are both nice bikes and are probably close regarding on- the -trail performance. I would also consider a Turner Nitrous (more expensive and harder to find though) because it is even lighter and would be great for racing. Fortunately there are many great bikes out there right now that would fit the bill. Being able to test ride a few to compare the differences would be nice if possible. Like a good percentage of us, we just end up buying what we PERCEIVE to be the best choice for our riding and personal tastes.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think a the blur would be abit more versatile. Abit more travel. Abit lighter. RP3 is quite adjustable to suit the intent of the ride...ie race or leisure.

I really like mine. Great bike. It is more pleasant to ride than my specialized epic that it replaced. From what I hear the spyder would be abit on the racey side. The blur xc could suit both roles well...

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
I'd say the spider cause

cchan999 said:
Hi all. This is my first post so go easy... A bit of background on myself: I am an avid mtn biker that rides 2-3 times a week and races sport a few times a year. I've been looking seriously at either the SC Blur XC or the Intense Spider and would like to get your opinions on either or both if you've spent time in the saddle on both. Also, does anyone know the weight of a small frame SC Blur XC?

Almost forgot...noticed they don't offer the trans blue color and offer a liquid blue instead. Any pics would be greatly appreciated. Loved the trans blue.
it has less travel, I know less travel goes against the grain in this day and age.

My FS list was

Spider
Blur XC
SuperLite

I really could not decide so I went with the SL/cheapest ($950 out the door) thinking the new RP3 shock and less travel would make the Superlite a formidable climber and it had V-brake bosses, I don't know if it is as good as the other 2 but I'm real happy climbs good and goes down real fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.