Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1539 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Cant find a thread with TRc pictures, so I'll start on off with my build.. Sneeks in at 24.95lbs.. first ride in the Rocky Peak district England and its one Rocket of a bike.. never felt under travelled :)
The Chainset btw, is XTR M970, then I turned down a worn out outer ring to make it into a bash, the ceramic coated at Shawnee bike coating

·
Registered
367 Posts
How is the new shadow plus xtr living up to the hype. Im considering one. Would love to know what you think of it!
I decided to try this shadow+, because I wanted to know if I could ride without a chainguard and don't drop my chain.

My experience after 1 month:

No, the shadow+ doesn't eliminate dropping the chain from the middle ring totally.
On really ambitious descends with rocks and roots I've dropped down my chain sooner or later ...

The shadow+ reduces the oscillation of the chain, that's for sure. My chain is more quiet, less hammering against the chainstays :thumbsup:

My conclusion: the shadow+ is perfect for smooth trails, but for engaged all mountain riding the shadow+ is not enough for me. A chainguide will be the way to go in the future.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I decided to try this shadow+, because I wanted to know if I could ride without a chainguard and don't drop my chain.

My experience after 1 month:

No, the shadow+ doesn't eliminate dropping the chain from the middle ring totally.
On really ambitious descends with rocks and roots I've dropped down my chain sooner or later ...

The shadow+ reduces the oscillation of the chain, that's for sure. My chain is more quiet, less hammering against the chainstays :thumbsup:

My conclusion: the shadow+ is perfect for smooth trails, but for engaged all mountain riding the shadow+ is not enough for me. A chainguide will be the way to go in the future.
Exactly what i wanted to know. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My Large TRc... 22.9 pounds in it's current form. No dropped chain with my Shadow+, but I'm sure the XCX guide (1x10) is helping with that, and it's definitely quiet. I only have crappy iPhone pics at the moment, but it'll give ya the idea!

For anyone that's curious about the lighter build, I also have a Nomad, so the TRc really is my XC/Trail rig although it's taken everything I've thrown at it so far.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Do want. Badly.

Will wait until better colors come out . . . . though that green and black would go nicely with my Special ed. Hopes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
642 Posts
What a great bike, super fun

Here are some pictures of my Trc. The handling of this bike is off the charts. Super fast and super fun.

Here is my glossy beast

The bike.JPG

I changed most of my parts over from my XCc - the bar is new and the XX revelation world cup with carbon crown is new. Nice.
Front bar.JPG

Showing off my 20mm axle in a Rev XX WC with 2012 DNA internals - 20mm not available here you see, but I wanted to keep my hadleys.
Front axle.JPG

Trying out another shock option
Shock.JPG

Trying out the Lopes limited edition chain guide. I have been pretty happy with it so far, doesn't drag too much on the climbs. However, these things get noiser with use (I am betting).

Chain guide.JPG

Anyway, loving the bike. The more aggressive you are with it the more it rewards you.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
^^^ How did you get a Gloss frame? I thought these were only available in Matte carbon?

1 - 20 of 1539 Posts