Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
life is a barrel o'fun
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Blur is one year old this week. Lately, I've been having a helluva time keeping her in the big ring over bumps or while shifting into it.

I don't shift while climbing, so it's not like I'm forcing it. Is this a design flaw? Or am I overlooking something as a mechanically-inept rider? :confused:

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Too little information, but for what it's worth I have several friends with Blurs and none of them have any particular shifting problems. I'd look to the front derailleur myself. You say you're having trouble keeping it in the big ring while shifting into it, that's a bit confusing to me, can you describe that a little better? I'll guess you might need to add a little tension to the fd cable, you might need to look at the alignment/height of the fd cage.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Quick question. When was the last time you had your cable and housing replaced? Its possibly time to give them an overhaul and readjust everything. What about chainrings and chain? How much mileage do they have?

·
here today
5,926 Posts
Christine said:
My Blur is one year old this week. Lately, I've been having a helluva time keeping her in the big ring over bumps or while shifting into it.

I don't shift while climbing, so it's not like I'm forcing it. Is this a design flaw? Or am I overlooking something as a mechanically-inept rider? :confused:
Not a Blur issue, mine works fine but you should look at teeth, chain, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.