Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you know the difference between the 2003 Blur frames and the 2004 Blur frames....if any? I test rode a 2004 Blur and loved it but found a great deal on a brand new 2003 Blur. Same size frame and same shock as the one I test rode. I really want this bike but have a problem buying a bike I haven't ridden before. If nothing has changed between the two frames, I'm gonna buy it. Thanks.

· Registered
4,192 Posts
04' or Generation 3 as I call em' because SCB doesn't really go by "Years" has :
Float R High Volume with ProPedal Light..... OR *Maybe* the New RP3 as an option???
Vertical strut support on non-driveside of swingarm has been enlarged....
NO V-Brake bosses....
Much Improved Rear tire clearance.....

· Uhhhhh...
2,889 Posts
DMFT said:
04' or Generation 3 as I call em' because SCB doesn't really go by "Years" has :
Float R High Volume with ProPedal Light..... OR *Maybe* the New RP3 as an option???
Vertical strut support on non-driveside of swingarm has been enlarged....
NO V-Brake bosses....
Much Improved Rear tire clearance.....
Hey,

Where is your shop located? I'm just wondering because im in AR and your shop sounds really cool. Also, is SC only shipping Gen. 3 frames now and do you suggest a 5th E if i plan on racing?

-TS

· Registered
4,192 Posts
It's in Sea Otter country, Salinas to be specific. The owner is a real good friend of mine (I work p/t for him when he needs help) and he lives in Aptos afew miles from the boys at SCB and visits them often, we've been with SCB since the beginning.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the 5th E. It seems you get a real good one or a bad one. I also don't think the Blur really needs a platform, Fox is to a degree forcing their ProPedal on them, so the 2 have got together and compromised on a ProPedal "Light". Shocks should be shipping anytime. All of our last couple dozen Powdercoated Blurs in Sml/Med/Lrg have been Gen. 3 w/new swingarms.

· Uhhhhh...
2,889 Posts
CraigH said:
Can you post a pic of the old and new swingarms? I'm just curious what the change is.

I'm guessing mine is ver. 2 as it has V-brake mounts.
The guy has known about the swingarms for like 3 weeks but keeps saying hes too lazy and hes going to post pics...JK DMFT. But Craig, if noone else posts pics my new Ano Blur should be here by the end of next week and you can bet they'll be pics.

-TS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.