Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wolf nipple chips
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i'm throroughly annoyed now. i bought this Blur frame back in june of last summer. the frame was sent back under warranty due to lots of play having shown up in the pivots. they replaces the pivots and also the entire rear swingarm, and i got it back by the end of the year. the pivots now have started to come loose again. i've tightened up the pivots screws in question, but they continue to back out and loosen up. i even have tried putting loctite on those screws, but it doesn't seem to be all that effective.

how tight do i need to tighten this ****? has anyone else had issues with their blur pivots? this is REALLY frigging annoying because i love riding this bike but this frame doesn't seem to be made well. fvck!

CF

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
You should use an inch lb. torque wrench...mine came loose after I tightened them a few times with a multi-too and they started to squeak..I put loctite on them and used a torque wrench set to slightly higher than Santa Cruz specs and the bike has been perfect for 9 months. The proper torque was quite a bit higher than I had been applying with my multi-tool. I think the torque settings are listed on the Santa Cruz website...if you can't find them, post back here and I'll try to find them as I wrote them down somewhere.

·
Ride what you want!!
2,202 Posts
There have been a few issue with pivots. Who was it that kept destroying the bearing in his blur last year? Mine started making a lot of noise last year but I cleaned a repacked everything and I haven't had issues since.

You should check out the Santa Cruz forum for some better answers.

george

·
rohloff rich
397 Posts
george_da_trog said:
There have been a few issue with pivots. Who was it that kept destroying the bearing in his blur last year?
'Twas Glenzx. Anyone interested can do a search of "blur, bearings, Glenzx" and be entertained for hours with Glen's trials and tribulations. Santa Cruz finally just gave him a new frame after sending the old one back a few times and not getting the problem resolved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.