Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
a.k.a. Yeti Ken
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a detailed pivot diagram for the Blur? I removed the shock and disassembled the pivots to clean the "squeeky" areas (you all know they squeek) and I dropped the washers from the upper-most pivot (non-shock pivot) :eek: . The washers are identical, but each side of the washers are different. I just wanted to make sure I reassembled them with the correct sides in and out.

Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm in the same position...both of the 'top hat' spacers dropped out when removing the link and I can't tell which way they are supposed to go back in. The instructions don't specify. Vancbiker, thanks for your input, but the original poster was not referring to shock bushings, but rather the spacers that go between the link and the frame. However, in looking at the shock bushings, which are shaped somewhat like the other spacers, it does give a clue as to which way they should go on..

GS_ken, did you find an answer somewhere? Does anyone else know which way these spacers are supposed to go or have any diagrams or other instructions? Thanks

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
This, from the instructions on the link I posted, doesn't apply? "Place one of the top link washers onto this shaft with the smaller diameter side facing the bearing."

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Bikinfoolferlife said:
This, from the instructions on the link I posted, doesn't apply? "Place one of the top link washers onto this shaft with the smaller diameter side facing the bearing."
I appreciate the the quick response. Yes, that's it! Thanks, I missed that when I read through it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.