Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Are you sitting down or out of the saddle?

Check your seat post and make sure you have a fresh layer of friction paste on it. Mine starts creaking when the paste dries out, and it sounds like its coming from the BB.

When was the last time your added grease to the pivots?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PainkillerSPE said:
Are you sitting down or out of the saddle?

Check your seat post and make sure you have a fresh layer of friction paste on it. Mine starts creaking when the paste dries out, and it sounds like its coming from the BB.

When was the last time your added grease to the pivots?
I am sure is not from seatpost. Because even when I am off saddle, the sound still exist.

Friction paste re-applied, pivots just greased.

No idea how to solve this problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SweatyBiscuit said:
Creaks can be difficult to track down. I'm not aware of any creaking issues with the newer design, but no bike is completely immune. Does it creak when pedaling or when just cycling the suspension?
Is during pedaling on steep climb. Suspension pivot just greased, no issue.

·
SS Pusher Man
7,623 Posts
Try putting some grease on the conical washers on the lower link.....I had a creaking noise coming from the BB area on my Tallboy....when I called and talked to SC, that was the first thing they told me to check.

I did that, and the creak went away.

·
Registered
24 Posts
mtnbikej said:
Try putting some grease on the conical washers on the lower link.....I had a creaking noise coming from the BB area on my Tallboy....when I called and talked to SC, that was the first thing they told me to check.

I did that, and the creak went away.
I had a similar issue with my Blur LT2. I pulled the pivot axles and greased them as well. It can take a bit of pressure to pop the conical washers out. I used a allen key with a few wraps of electrical take to side load the washer and pop it out. The electrical tape helps to prevent marking up the washer (they are pretty soft). I believe my problem was with the conical washers as they were completely dry. Now that they are greased, it is as quiet as day one (the squeak was driving me crazy).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also had Creaky sounds on my Blur LTc...I checked every pivot, BB, seatpost, cables, headset...nothing!
In the end...it was the dropout (it was loose), can u believe?!?!
I just put some grease, the sound stoped for some miles, but after that it started again (loose again)! In the end LOCTITE! No more creaky sounds!

·
Don't be a sheep
3,442 Posts
My Blur carbon had a creak I couldn't track down, finally figured out it was the brake hose rubbing against the frame where you zip tie it as it transitions from the rear of the bike to the front triangle. Put some electrical tape on the frame area and it went away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.