Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for my next bike and REALLY don't know what to do. I ride aggressively, like technical terrain, drops, jumps and weight about 175 pounds. Currently I ride a Titus Motolite but would like something different (just cuz:D) a little more "plush" and less XC (although the ML is sooo capable!)

Any of you guys have some input:confused:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
2 out of the three us made. 2 out of 3 multi link. tough choice. they all will do what you are asking. i wouldn't go from a horst to a linkage activatated single pivot even though the ventana is a beautiful bike. i would go us made over taiwan so there goes the blur. but you should ride them all and then decide. the reviews for the new turners are all good as are the reviews on the vpp2 used on the blur and also on the intense tracer. the tracer and the blur have different geometry though. it's your call. post up some pics when you decide. i just went from a 5 packto a knolly endorphin. i'm just building it up nowand waiting on a few parts. there are a lot of great bikes out there right now. choosing sucks.

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Can you go wrong with any of the above?

I'll agree the best way is to jump on one. The Ventana may be a single pivot, (I still say it's a 4 bar with a seatstay pivot, but that's an argument for a different day ;) ),but the execution is great. I went with a Ventana El Fuego for my XC mount after having a few different XC rides - some horst, some seatstay, and after those bikes came away with two main thoughts - 1) Fit is king, 2) Execution is a pretty close second.

I like the V enough that now that I'm looking for a 5 inch bike - the Ventana is at the top of the list. I'm interested in the Turner, but the Ventana has been honestly the best fitting and best riding bike I've been on - and that's very hard to argue.

Are there any Ventana, Turner, or SC dealers in your neck of the woods? If not - any local riders who've got one?

Good luck,

JmZ

·
Registered
91 Posts
Intense Tracer

It will be interesting to hear opinions from riders who ride this bikes (LT2/DW Spot/Ciclon/Tracer VPP/XCL)and write comparison in handling, stable,pedal efficiency and stiff

Thx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.