Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get an LT2. At 6'1", the SC sizing chart puts me on a Large ( they don't suggest XL until 6'3" ) but everyone seems to say that the frame sizing is on the small side. I was able to bounce around on an XL and it felt pretty good but haven't been able to try a Large.

Obviously, this is all very subjective as far as preferences, inseam, etc ... but what size frame are you 6' and up riders running? And did you compensate one way or the other with the stem or setup?

( I wish people would always include their height, frame size and final bike weight in all the set up threads )

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
I'm 6'3" with VERY long arms and wide shoulders and ride an XL with 90mm stem/680mm bars. I am switching to 70mm stem soon.
I'd say go Large! XL is a very large frame for the purpose of the bike (although a touch more compact than the LT1 in same size imo). And I come from pure XC so I should be used to longer frames and longer stems than most here.
My rig came at 13.9kg and 31lbs with 36talas/650b wheel and joplin remote post, so semi-beefy setup.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm 6'0 and ride a large. I rode a large classic before, I find the LT2 has alot more control on technical single track and downhill stuff than my old bike.

·
Bring on the Funk!
322 Posts
6'3'' and I own a large. I mainly ride agressive cross country and this size is perfect. Had the original Blur LT in an XL an absolutely hated the bike in that size. Currently have a zero offset Thomson post with a 110 Thomson stem. Might try a 100 stem with a setback post.

·
emtb.pl
879 Posts
jazzboy said:
6'3'' and I own a large. I mainly ride agressive cross country and this size is perfect. Had the original Blur LT in an XL an absolutely hated the bike in that size. Currently have a zero offset Thomson post with a 110 Thomson stem. Might try a 100 stem with a setback post.
See, you give something to gain something - large will be definietly more compact and agile but will be slowed down by the 110stem.
For me the setback just doesn't work for SC bikes. Makes me feel like sitting behind the cranks and not over them. And this is proven by measures for my body geo. Feels great downhill but realy bad uphill. Just my opinion here.
SC bikes are designed with no setback and they're all sold with straight posts:p !LOL!

Ah, jazzboy, what stem lenght did you use on the LT1?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I am 6' and just got home from picking up new Large Black Ano SPX XC BLT2. Was fitted as well. Only real big change was replacing the stem with 100mm stem.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
6'1, 105mm stem, feels good. i used to run a 120, but it was way too long. the new xls have way more standover, but really depends on your arm length. id go with the large, for sure.

·
Bring on the Funk!
322 Posts
Had a 110 on thr LT1. They do use Race Face posts with set back on some build kits. I think the deal is simple: run with whatever works for you as there really is no right or wrong. I spent the last 2 years trying different variations and the LT2 in a size large is ultra comfy. I really like the 110 with zero offset post, might try the 100 plus setback just for fun As I mentioned in a previous post my cross country race bike is an XL Superlight (110 stem and zero offset post). The steeper angles make the XL Superlight fit perfectly.

The most important thing for a new owner is to test ride as much as possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.