Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. Im new to the forum and tryin to get back into the mountain biking scene. I used to ride everyday about 4 years ago. I have been doin a lot of reading and test riding and think that the BLUR LT is the bike for me to go with. I was just curious to see what everyones opinion was on this bike. My previous bikes were the GT LTS 1, Spec. FSR Comp, and Cannondale M800 (i think).

Thanks so much for all the help and have a great day

PS- all mountain riding is what ill be doing the most of.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have mine since September 2005 and is a pure trail bike, no problems, great looking, great riding I'll only trade for a reformulated BLT! Some over the bars but no scratches, just consider the anodized color (mine is black), I had a Chameleon black powdercoat and the anodized black is very, very more durable than the other.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow! Thats a great lookin bike! Thanks so much for the response! Is it pretty heavy? I wanna get something under 30lbs. Thanks again

·
Registered
399 Posts
compared to FSR...

I also used to ride a spec fsr/xc, and now am on 07 BLT.

The BLT is burlier, plusher (32 TALAS RLC and RP23) and overall heavier bike.

But way more "all mountain" capable...with 2.5 DH Nevegals, mine is probably over 35 (while the FSR was 28 pounds), but who cares. it rocks in the gnarly stuff.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Surly OG
977 Posts
I've been on a BLT since Aug 06 - from a Blur Classic. I thought about a Nomad - pulled the trigger on the BLT, and haven't regretted it.

I love EPIC 5-8hr High Sierra rides - the BLT is the perfect machine for me. It has perfect nor cal geo.

3-5ft drops, DS, Pumptrack, bikepacking, shuttles - its MY ONE bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so after tryin a few bikes out yesterday, i decided that the Heckler was the bike for me. THe blur was awesome, but the Heckler's feel just matched my size and needs perfectly. THe bike is being built and i pick it up monday morning. Im so excited! I will post pics asap.

THanks again for all the help

·
Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
637 Posts
good choice on the heckler. keep it simple, it's the perfect AM steed.

·
Dirt Rag Extraordinaire
637 Posts
cool :thumbsup:
here's mine. it's an 03 Large, Liquid Blue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts