Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering ordering a Blur LT and noticed that SC offers a Blur LT kit ("prepackaged") with a Fox Float X 130 fork. I've never heard of this fork. Any thoughts? I have a 2003 blur (w/ float 100 RL) and love the idea of a little more travel both front and rear. I am not, however, up on the latest fork technologies. The blur LT seems a no-brainer to me, but fork selection has me somewhat baffled, esp. when considering a fork that isn't listed on the fox website. I assume it is a new fork and someone knows about it.

I am looking to use the bike for aggressive weekend-warrior XC/trail riding -- hours to all day on everything from fire roads to very technical singletrack and alpine "bushwacking." Most rides here involve extended climbs with few terrain breaks. I am a strong, fit 190-195 lbs and moderately aggressive. Durability and feel are more important to me than weight, but weight is still an important factor to me.

Are there other forks I should consider? Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think that might just be the normal Float 130 fork, perhaps some forthcoming iteration of it but maybe also a typo. You could ask them about it...

Personally I think I'd want an adjustible travel fork instead, because I end up doing a fair bit of steep climbing and I don't know how easy that would be with the 5".

The other problem for me with that "complete" package is it uses XM321 rims and 2.3" tires which together add 1 pound over the XR 4.1d/2.1" setup. I think I don't need such beefy wheels for trail riding. But I guess they figure that this bike should really kick butt downhill and weight weenies would get the XC version.

·
A little of everything
478 Posts
I have the XM321 rims on my Heckler and they are just better with tires wider than 2.1" and makes the footprint larger. I would get the Maverick for the BLT. It would complement the rear suspensions bottomlessness of the VPP design I would think. I had an idea about putting the DUC32 on my previous Blur, but it cracked before I tried it out. With the BLT I would do it right away.

·
gravity curmudgeon
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted SC, and they replied that the Float X 130 is a new shock from Fox that is not yet available. It will, however, be available when the Blur LT is available in June.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.